EIS shipping. No updated tracking #. Says delivered (to hub)

I'm not panicking at this point, because I know EIS is slow as molasses, but just a little unclear on a couple things.

Bought an item Feb 26th, given tracking, expected delivery was March 18th or 21st (can't remember, how can i check this?). Next day, my expected delivery date was changed to March 1st. Item was delivered to the hub in Glendale Heights, IL, on March 1st. Ebay order page says item has been delivered. There is no further tracking # yet.

My question is if my expected delivery date was changed to March 1st, How long do I give it, and is there a timeframe on any action I have to take if this doesn't show up or move in the next couple weeks? Searching the posts on the community boards here, alot of people say just wait until your expected delivery date. Well my expected delivery date changed to March 1st...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member

I don't think your estimated delivery date changed.  I think what you're seeing is the estimated date for the item's arrival at the eIS shipping hub in Glendale Heights.

Once I figured out that the Global Shipping Program (the predecessor of eBay International Shipping) was basically a glorified forwarding service, a lot of its quirks and workings started making more sense to me.  An eIS shipment has three basic stages.  The first is the seller getting the item to the Glendale Heights hub by their choice of US domestic shipping method.  The second is the item getting processed at the hub.  The third is the item travelling from the hub to its final destination.  These stages were pretty clearly laid out in the tracking information I got for my last purchased handled by eIS, but I'm wondering if this was an experiment because I was asked to provide some feedback on the tracking info and it sounds as though you're seeing something quite different.  For what it's worth, here's what the first part of the tracking information looks like:

eisTrack.jpg

My recollection was that the estimated last date of delivery was just above the tracking information.  This is all accessible through "My eBay".  I'm not sure where/how you're viewing your information.

Having said all that, I've come to the conclusion that there's really not much point in checking the tracking for most shipments.  The item arrives when it arrives and following the tracking doesn't make it arrive any quicker or in better condition.  I only started looking at the tracking for my item about five days before the estimated delivery date and that was to help answer another eIS query here.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree that the March 1 estimate was for the delivery to the hub in Illinois.  I 'think' that you can see the original estimate in order details.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I see that exact thing in my tracking number for 2 other items I bought in the same week. a second tracking # has been provided, and the items hve left the Hub and are on their way to me.

This particular item in question, has not moved, has not provided a second tracking number, and provides no additional information. Just says delivered to individual (at the hub address)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately not, in order details it only says delivered on March 1st.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have a dress coming from zuri.com shipped from NY to BC on February 19.

It showed no movement from NY  from then until February 29.

(It did bounce from one USPS terminal to another during that period).

It has been in Canada since then.

This has nothing to do with eBay, or eIS, but I wanted to show that even shipments that go through the normal postal system can be slow.

In my 35+ years in mail order, it's been my experience that Canada/USA shipping can easily take 21-30 days.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply