Ebay Bid with wrong condition

bar1187_9
Community Member

Hello, I saw an auction for a Pomemon Card Product thats condition was factory sealed. This was dumb of me, but before fully examining the photos I had bid on it.  After further examination, I realized there was a huge tear on the front of the box going through the wrap and onto the box itself, causing it to no longer be factory sealed as it is damaged. I want to take my bid back but the seller isnt responding to my bid cancellation requests. What should I do?

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay Bid with wrong condition

Is this is an a auction that is still going on or did you click on buy it now and you have already won the item?

If it is an auction that is still live you can retract the bid yourself.  There is a link to do that on the following page.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/bidding/retracting-bid?id=4013&st=3&pos=2&query=Retracting%20a%20bid...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I have tried that link, all it tells me is that I need the sellers permission. The auction is still going on, with 5 days remaining.Screenshot 2022-01-01 002253.png

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Inform the seller that should you win the auction, you will not be paying for it, because you don't want it  because of the damaged box.

At worst, you are hit with an Unpaid Item cancellation which gives you a Strike.

While most sellers do have Blocks against bidders with multiple Strikes, a single won't hurt you and you can (once. only. in your eBay lifetime.) ask for the Strike to be removed.

But be polite. This is a holiday period and many people are distracted.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

When you click on that blue box that says retract bid, you get that message? That doesn't sound right as you should be able to retract your own bid at this point for specific reasons. I realize that the reason you want to change it isn't one of the choices but imo it's better to check off the wrong reason than to have the seller send you something that isn't what you expected.

Did you ask them about the cut in the cellophane?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply