Ebay Bucks Voucher

Not sure if this has been pointed out or observed recently but here is what I discovered using my eBay Bucks voucher. 

When you go to apply your voucher to a purchase it confirmed it was applied and then noted it on my Paypal email confirmation notice with the discount and converted exchange. But when I checked Paypal,  it only shows the actual purchase in US funds before the discount in my summary. No separate line in my account with the exchange rate or any coupons applied. It mentions it at the bottom in the transaction details. In speaking to a Paypal agent  this was a recent change made by Paypal for some unknown reason. There have been numerous calls about it but it appears it is not going to be updated.  She understood the question/concern but the only solution she was able to give to be able to see a complete explanation of those details is by going to your Paypal Report tab and requesting a report for that date in PDF form. This would be similar to your bank statement showing an amount but not including who it was paid to.

This is a variation of what we get when we check Paypal for a Shippo transaction. It gives you the amount and the invoice number but nowhere does it actually show a tracking number or which eBay shipment it was applied to(Buyer). Similar to the invoice and your payment record  that your receive from Shippo. It gives you a link to the original transaction. Very round about way to have to access this information. Seems that these modifications and changes only make accounting for your eBay business more complicated. So maybe an improvement for Paypal/Shippo/Ebay but not the customer. Us!!!

-CM

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0