Ebay and Small Claims Court?

Has anyone sued ebay in small claims court?  I ordered a part for my car and the seller sent the wrong sized part.  My return request was classified as 'Buyer's Remorse' by ebay bots and now I have to pay the return shipping, even though this was not the case.  Ebay said as per their policy they can not correct the return request and there is nothing they can do.  I feel the issue is with ebay's policy and their unwillingness to correct their misrepresentation.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

FYI, I'm in Ontario Canada.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've sued in Small Claims once many years ago and DD was sued last year.

There is a fee for opening the Claim.

When I did it, in the 1990s, the fee was $25.  I don't know what DD's neighbour's fee was, but he lost and it was part of the costs he had to pay including her lawyer fees. You don't need to have a lawyer but she wanted one.

While I went to an actual court, and was heard within weeks and the problem was resolved immediately, DD's case was done online and took some six months to resolve.

EBay does have an office in Toronto. The address is somewhere on this site. Queen Street I think.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The return should have been marked , not as described, not buyer's remorse. have you contacted the seller, to verify??

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:
... EBay does have an office in Toronto. ... Queen Street I think.

You picked the wrong royal... wink

500 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1L8

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Before you consider any court proceedings with eBay, you should read the User Agreement.

Do a search for User Agreement under .... Help & Contact ... at the top  of an eBay. ca page...

There is a section that deals with legal disputes....

Message 6 of 6
latest reply