Ebay.ca not shipping to Canada?

Over the years Ive slowed down on purchases on ebay for one reason. Shipping. USA has a problem shipping to Canada. So I've been using the ebay.ca site so I can stay away from the headaches. But I'm still getting messages that these sellers do not ship to Canada? What gives. Ebay get your stuff together. Why am I still seeing listings that don't ship to Canada.? Shopping has turned into a hassle with ebay. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

No listings should show on dotCA that do not have a shipping price for Canada.

And of course, if the listing is in Canadian dollars (with no other currency showing on the listing) then it was listed on dotCA and MUST have shipping to Canada.
If it doesn't, it simply can't upload.

Is there another currency showing on the description?

Can you show a sample transaction number or screenshot of what is happening?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I've posted a picture of my search.  I am on dot.ca and then it shows international seller in Canadian dollars. Any of these listings I click on in the international sellers give me a warning in red letters "This item cannot be purchased because this item cannot be sent to your shipping address" Ive tried about most of these listings with no success. To me this could be very simple. If I can't buy it, Then don't show it.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

This is what my Checkout looks like. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@1arctic_dan 

One possible reason why you are getting that message is due to the fact that those items may be considered hazardous and very cost-prohibitive for shipping safely. Very high fines to sellers shipping caught for not following the regulations.

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/policies/hazardous-materials.html

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/FedEx-Dangerous-Goods-or-Hazardous-Materials-Noncomplian...

-Lotz

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I just got an email from a "potential buyer" (thanks ebay, just another intermittent glitch) that is in Regina trying to purchase and is getting the same message. I list on .ca , he is trying to purchase on .ca
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I wouldn't consider bug repellent as dangerous good but fine. Then don't make it available or visible to Canadians if we go out of our way to go to dot.ca

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

If it is a liquid, or is a spray can, or contains flammable ingredients like alcohol, it could be prohibited. 

Canada Post is wary of packages that might catch fire or explode.

They also ban perfumes and chimney cleaning chemicals.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Both the items that show in the attachment to Message Three say they ship from the USA.

Are you dropshipping from a US supplier or do you have the products in hand?

A Canadian dollar price of $10.72 or $7.96 would indicate that they were originally listed in a different currency, because most sellers would go to $10.99 or $7.98, etc.

The Permithrin is likely to be listed on dotCOM for $7.99US.

The location is supposed to be the location of the product, not of the seller.
I list on both sites, and it's US dollars and Flat Rate Shipping from an International Location on dotCOM but loonies and Calculated Shipping on dot CA.

Your seller name is delzoshop?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I found transaction number #351788662041

Which appears to be the one in your screenshot.
It has the Location as United States , United States, rather than the (more trustworthy sounding ) City or State Name, United States.
Sometimes those locations mean the seller is actually overseas.
And the price is $8.20 US which works with your $10.72.
I hope I'm wrong because that seller has terrible feedback.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I understand that these sellers are in the USA. My beef is with ebay showing me a listing that doesn't even ship to Canada. Thats why I go on .ca because I'm tired of wasting my time looking at listings that I can even purchase.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

In the first screenshot, showing search results, your shipping location is set to United States. You'll want to set that back to Canada.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

As newandretrogames mentioned, your screenshot shows that you are searching as if you were in the US so search is showing you items available to US buyers.  I'm surprised that that they do show up on .ca  but if you change your location to Canada ( go into one of the listings, click on shipping tab, change to Canada and enter your postal code) you shouldn't see those items next time you search. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi @1arctic_dan - that's definitely a frustrating situation!

@newandretrogames hit the nail on the head: if your default shipping in search results is set as the US, the items displayed in results will ship to the US. 

If you change the country dropdown to Canada and input your Postal code it should filter out to show you only items that ship to Canada, regardless of item location. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 14
latest reply