Ebay code doesn't work?

Starting last night and even today whenever I go to ebay.ca there's a giant banner that tells me I can enjoy my next discovery with XXXXXXX (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the code here or not) and save $5 off $10 purchase, however it doesn't work.  Even if I click the link and follow it to the products, none of those products allow the discount.  There's a thread on redflagdeals about this, seems the majority of people they targeted can't get it to work on anything either.  Does anyone know if this is a mistake or maybe they coded it wrong?  I'd like to take advantage but I've tried the ebay app, a web browser and my phone and none work.  Someone on redflagdeals managed to get it to work using a web browser, but it wouldn't work through their phones

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay code doesn't work?

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @splattii - will you please get me the coupon code that you saw as well as any screenshots of the banner you mentioned? I'm not aware of such a campaign and want to get it to marketing to review. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay code doesn't work?

The code was FUNFIND.  I can't take a screenshot now as the banner seems to have been replaced with the Mothers Day sale banner.  I was still showing up this morning, and started yesterday afternoon (at least for me).  Here's a thread about it;

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebay-canada-ymmv-5-off-10-ebay-coupon-code-funfind-2280465/

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Ebay code doesn't work?

Thanks for this update @splattii - I've gotten this to marketing and am waiting on more details from them. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay code doesn't work?

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@splattii wrote:

Starting last night and even today whenever I go to ebay.ca there's a giant banner that tells me I can enjoy my next discovery with XXXXXXX (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the code here or not) and save $5 off $10 purchase, however it doesn't work.  Even if I click the link and follow it to the products, none of those products allow the discount.  There's a thread on redflagdeals about this, seems the majority of people they targeted can't get it to work on anything either.  Does anyone know if this is a mistake or maybe they coded it wrong?  I'd like to take advantage but I've tried the ebay app, a web browser and my phone and none work.  Someone on redflagdeals managed to get it to work using a web browser, but it wouldn't work through their phones

Hi @splattii - I got an update on this. The code you saw was intended for a smaller, more targeted audience. It was unintentionally listed on the Home page briefly, after which it was taken down. If the code isn't working for you it is because you weren't an invited participant. 

Make sure your communication settings are set up to receive discounts and offers from us, or keep an eye on the home page for great deals in the future. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ebay code doesn't work?

I see the banner again today, and once again it doesn't work LOL

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay code doesn't work?

had a similar offer banner 2 weeks or so ago offering "$25.00 off any purchase" was the wording, that did not work. Was "TOLD" coupon(code) was for shipping supplies. Why would a coupon for shipping supplies be offered (in a rolling banner across the top of my search results) while searching for items. NEVER did get a believable explanation.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Ebay code doesn't work?

Yea my current targetted coupon code which expires at the end of today doesn't work either

I get "Looks like that's the wrong code. Please double-check and try again."

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ebay code doesn't work?

Zombie thread from 04-24-2019

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay code doesn't work?

Hi everyone - due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I've locked it from future replies. If this is a topic that warrants further discussion please don't hesitate to start a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply