Ebay not handling problem well since Nov 29, 2023 until Feb 15 still unresolved.

Purchased Bewell 4 watches, only 1 sent & damaged, reported to Ebay 1 week later. Ebay refunded me ONLY 1 watch. Same day & time I reported the 1 damage watch Ebay CLOSED WHOLE FILE and I didn't receive 3 other watches I paid for or money back. Ebay is refusing to help stating file is CLOSED, I've been dealing with this refund money since 1 week after order on November 23, 2023  (December 18, 2023 complained)  now February 15, 2024 still UNRESOLVED. Extremely upset since I trusted Ebay. More than 35 hrs on phone with Ebay customer service and 75 pages of e-mails and paper work to Ebay and the Seller ECO - NO RESULTS. Ebay did not protect me or investigated with ECO (Bewell Watches) told me to do it myself, whereby Bewell refuses to reply to my e-mails. Went to police as Ebay stated - police stated ALL divisions too busy (have police's badge #) now Ebay wants me to go to the bank. This is OUTRAGEOUS. It is Ebay's mistake not mine for not reading or listening to me properly on December 18, 2013 and instead of closing 1 watch they closed the other 3 watches at same time. 15 Customer Service persons later, no results but still state "they care". They need to listen and review all their phone calls to Ebay on this and they will view themselves their mistake. I WANT A REPLY IMMEDIATELY and my money back but this isn't happening months later. Ebay doesn't protect you as they state nor do they care. Also asked Ebay to take Bewelll (ECO company) off thir site so no one else gets into this problem which as of today they still did not. Again showing you how much Ebay cares. Impossible to get Ebay's phone number in Canada, USA they state "go online". 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay not handling problem well since Nov 29, 2023 until Feb 15 still unresolved.

marnotom!
Community Member

Just to make sure I'm clear on this, you had four transactions in total with the vendor and filed four claims with eBay in total: three of those claims were for an item not received, and the fourth was for an item not as described (damaged)?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You ordered four watches

From one seller?  Yes.

Were there four watches in listing or one? Apparently four different listings.

Were all four  watches supposed to be shipped together?

One damaged watch was received, you filed a Not As Described (NAD) Dispute.

You were refunded for the damaged watch.

Did you file a Not Recieved Dispute for the other three?

If they were (supposedly) shipped together, that one was received would end that Claim.

This is a problem with combined shipping, the money saved is offset by the slight chance of short shipping.

BTW "Shortshipped" is the term for what happened here.  Use it to make the problem clear.

Your coverage under the eBay Money Back Guarantee ended 30 days after the purchase(s) show Delivery.

You are still covered by Paypal, if you used it, always a good idea, for 180 days from Payment.  Y

You have until February 20 or so to file a NAD with them as Short shipped.

If you didn't use PP, go to the credit card* you actually paid with.

Normally you have 180 days for a chargeback. Your card may differ.

If you paid with a debit card or a gift card, you are out of luck. Never use those to buy online  it's like sending cash.

*This is what the phone clerk meant when they said 'go to you bank'.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Could you please provide some more information?

Did you purchase 4 watches from a single listing or 4 from 4 different listings? Did you purchase from one seller or 4 different sellers?

Details about the ACTUAL transaction help, spewing off a rant does nothing...

Also, if you only received a box with one watch why did you not file an Item not as described request and claim the whole shipment as not as described?

This makes no sense, logically so how can we understand the rest of this massive block of text? 

Details over Emotions, work better every time.

"Purchased Bewell 4 watches, only 1 sent & damaged, reported to Ebay 1 week later. Ebay refunded me ONLY 1 watch. Same day & time I reported the 1 damage watch Ebay CLOSED WHOLE FILE and I didn't receive 3 other watches I paid for or money back."

I suspect we are not getting all the details about this/these transactions of 4 watches. They could provide us with the actual invoice minus any personal information, that would in itself explain things...

Did they open 4 claims one for each item (that is the way it works) or just one claim for the damaged item, it really makes no sense....

Message 4 of 4
latest reply