Ebay seller is no longer a registered user after i paid

So, recently I paid for a console from this seller. Four days later still no tracking and i realise the account of the seller was created only 7 days ago and there is no other items he's selling. Right now, its telling me that the seller is no longer a registered user. Do I wait and see if its legit or do I ask for a refund imediatly?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ask right away! If it is telling you they are no longer a registered user they are not legit! eBay guarantees to refund your money if item was not received....and in your case not even sent at all!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'd contact eBay and get a refund. There's really two possibilities here:

1. He's a scammer and was caught.

2. He's legitimate but something in his registration triggered an action from eBay (there was a thread on this a few days ago). If this is what happened, then the question is whether he sent the item out prior to being banned or not. If he was banned after you paid but before he could send the item, he wouldn't be able to see your information to send it to you or to refund you, so eBay will have to. If he sent it but was banned before he input the tracking, it could be on its way. In the event you're refunded but you still receive it, you could just use his return address to send him a cheque for the amount or something.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'd suggest rather than a cheque that you fire up your oldPaypal account and pay that way.

Cheques , gift cards, etransfers and debit cards do not have the Buyer Protections of a PP payment, and the seller is already questionable.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Talk to eBay right away!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply