FRAUD

Hi

I bought a motherboard and received a tracking number that became invalid after around 30 days.I contacted the shipping company directly to get a answer and got told that the seller never shipped the item (is was just a online pre-shipping notice).I contacted the the seller his first reaction was playing dumb then offering refund.I asked him to resend but then he started playing dumb again.I reported the item listing for fraud and left him a nice feedback to go with it.

Now my question : how do i report seller for fraud and or the 3(at least) eBay policies he broke.

I searched and found no working options to report sellers only buyers.It's not about money  it's about ILLEGAL BEHAVIOURS beign ignored.

Regards

Fred

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

FRAUD

You start with the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and get your money back.

The reason is Not Received.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller. You have already done that so don't bother.

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) you will be refunded.

If the seller does not refund promptly and voluntarily, eBay will refund you and go after him for the money.

He will get a Defect on his selling account.

Reports as nothingburgers. One Report from one member is not going to be acted on because:

• the member could be a competitor
  • the member could be wrong
  • the member could be a vigilante

Multiple Reports from multiple members are acted on.

Deal with the robots before trying to communicate with human beings in Customer Service who basically want to get you off the phone.

The Resolution Centre works.

Don't deal with sellers who have less than 98% positive feedback.

For Chinese sellers the cutoff is 99%.

Read the negative feedback for patterns of non-delivery, poor quality, bad communication.

Don't get into discussions with sellers, particularly if you do not share a language.  You want a refund. Not a replacement. Money.

In BC the minimum wage 23 cents a minute. How many minutes have you wasted in communicating with the wrong people? 

Your feedback was reasonable. But feedback is not used by eBay to assess selling accounts.  Only Disputes and Claims-- which cost them money.

X79 Dual Cpu Lga2011 Motherboard Support For Dual Intel E5 2689 2670 Ddr3 1 L6V4 (#123811506489)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

FRAUD

Thanks for your reply.

I was about to call eBay but you saved me a waste of time.

Sad thing is that now im cancelling this project so eBay sellers lost around 1000$ worth of transactions.

2xCPUs

2xVideo Cards

CASE

RAM

SSD

COOLING

PSU

And that Motherboard i'll never get.

Im just no longer in the mood.

Moving on

Regards

Fred

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

FRAUD

To clarify 

I did my homework before buying.Seller had 99% positive feedback when i did.

I contacted Sunyou Post over email not over phone reply was quick and pleasant.

What the seller did wrong is : Lying about item beign sent.Lying about having 10 available motherboards.Having no intent of warning me that he could not complete the transaction.

The 3 eBay policies seller clearly broke are as follow :

Items you list must be in your inventory or you must have an existing agreement with a third party to fulfill the delivery of the item under the terms of your listing

Upload accurate tracking details.
Mark the item as 'Shipped' in My eBay or Seller Hub once it has been sent

Most ebay sellers (yes even from china) are honest.Not this one

Im not ashamed of the bad feedback i left it's my 2rd one ever i left and it's for good reasons.This is not a 1$ item beign **bleep** or lost this it well over 100$ paid for nothing but a waste of time.

PS.Thanks for pointing out the actual item listing in your reply.I did not intent to disclose any information about the listing of seller  but this may prevent someone else from getting ripped.

Regards 

Fred

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

FRAUD

Nosy people, like us Board posters, only had to look at your feedback to see the name of the seller and your remarks.

It's one reason we warn angry members about leaving Feedback while still upset.

Many sellers (and a few buyers) look at Feedback Left for Others to check for personality quirks or a pattern of harsh remarks.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply