French/english buying bugs

jpdjb5
Community Member

I recently try to make a Buy it now (achat immediat) at eBay .ca and I got this message (in French : Le vendeur n'accepte pas de paiement pour le moment) probably translating The buyer can't accept payment at this time (or something like that). I'm French talking , first language, poor in writed English and worst in English spoken.

I try to buy, many times at hour, and always got the same message, on the last 24h. Suddenly, I remember I previously got the same problem last year and put the language preference to English. I go back to the item, I choose Buy it now and... that's works now, I got it ! Strange, isn't ?

Why the French side of eBay have this bug ? Someone have already got this kind of problems ? Can be frustrating when you can't buy because you're in French page.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Oh dear. This sounds like something that ebay staff will have to investigate. Can you provide a screenshot, perhaps? Thank you for reporting your findings. 

@happy_pigeon

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Alternatively, sometimes these weird yet persistent glitches can be halted when you clear your cookies/cache/browser history and restart your computer. This may be the reason that switching to ebay.ca/English succeeded as a workaround.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This is very strange, thank you for sharing the experience.

In order to investigate, we'd need to replicate the error somehow. You probably don't have a screenshot, but if you have the item number of the item that have you the error on the French side of the site, it could help.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This person probably didn't understand a word of what you just wrote, so how about writing it in french.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The item number is 192509127002.
I have chosen the Buy it now option but don't know if the bid system got the same problem. Next time I see this kind of glitch, sure I will take a screenshot.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You know, I understand a little bit.

I can read (and understand) correctly.
I can write not too badly.
I speak English hardly.
I understand English Speaking but it's most difficult.

Verbs are my weekness...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You do an excellent job communicating in English despite it not being your first language, better than many native English-speakers we see on this side of ebay Canada. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply