Getting a refund

Hello,

I purchased an item back in February and it still hasn't arrived.  It was coming from China, so I was prepared to wait it out.  But I recently gave up and contacted the seller about its whereabouts.  He offered to give me a refund.  He is asking for my credit card number in order to make the refund.  Is this normal?  I have tried to contact the ebay Resolution Centre but in order to do so I need to give my order number and it rejects it (says it doesn't exist); so I can't open a Request.  Any insights on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly and stay safe!  🙂

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Getting a refund

hansv007
Community Member

I can't offer you a solution, but I do feel your pain. Very similar story. I placed my order in April, also coming from China. After 90 days I opened a 'request' through the resolution center. The vendor said they would ship a replacement, so I thought I'd wait another few weeks.  Meanwhile eBay closed the request.  So I stared contacting the sender and kept getting continuous replies "Dear customer.  sorry, please give us time to check it for you. have a nice day". Another 3 months with 7 messages sent and 7 of the above replies.  I even tried to get a refund through PayPal, but these guys cleverly kept me on the line until it exceeded the PayPal guarantee date.  I'm also unable to find any way of leaving a bad review.  I'm sure they know that so hey don't care. I'm out of luck, but fortunately it was only a small amount.  I hope you fare better.  Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Getting a refund

Fortunately, the PayPal Resolution Centre allows you up to 180 days to open a case.

Don't close any case until refunded.

Typically...

Regardless of where you purchase anything from, after eBay's estimated delivery date has passed. contact the seller.

To compensate for possible delays. I typically wait an additional 7-10 days before doing so.

I never wait any more than 2 weeks past eBay's estimated delivery date.

index.jpg

After that time, advise the seller that you want the transaction refunded in full.
There is no need for any ongoing back and forth messaging. and posturing.
Make your point and go dark.
The seller should reply, "Bla, Bla I'm sorry bla bla ", and issue a full refund right away.
Never accept a replacement.

If you are not refunded forthwith, open an "I haven't received it yet" case.
Go to the Resolution Centre and follow the directions.

And...

I shouldn't have to say this:

Don't ever give out your credit card number to anyone for any reason.

Payment is refunded to the original source.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Getting a refund

He is asking for my credit card number in order to make the refund.

Aaaaack! NO!

Tell him you paid by Paypal and give him your PP ID.

Which he already has somewhere, but it would be hard to find.

Then he just uses the PP Send Money service to refund you.

Suggestion.

Write out your reply in English, go to Google Translate, switch it to Chinese, then send both messages together.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply