Global Shipping ? - Use USPS - it costs half as much with tracking #. Then I can spend more on items

I should not have to spend $50 on shipping plus $10 for duties, on a $35 item (i.e. train set).

A parcel goes from Pennsylvania to Kentucky and then back north to Toronto (twice the distance).

It may be a money maker for Pitney, eBay or Paypal - but it cuts into my purchasing power.

Using Global Shipping defeats the purpose of buying on eBay. If you pay that much for shipping it would cheaper to pay twice as much for an item at you local store. I know this is done for insurance purposes in case an item does not show up.

Out of 500 items that i have order - only 2 didn,t show up - 1 was lost in customs - 1 was never shipped (store went belly up).

Maybe I am lucky because of the type of products I buy - diecast toys - sellers have more integrity.

We should be given the option of the way we want it shipped if it was, lets say, under $50.

Any parcel coming to Canada automatically gets LZ tracking # for border security purposes.

Thanks for hearing me out: billybudsinus 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Global Shipping ? - Use USPS - it costs half as much with tracking #. Then I can spend more on items

Canadian sellers don't use the Global Shipping Program.

This would be better posted on the dot COM seller's boards, particularly those dealing with international shipping.

However, it is a useful summary of the problem for buyers who could use it to inform US sellers why they should not use it.

Although eBay says it should not be used for items selling for less than $50USD , they do nothing to remind sellers of this on their listing forms, although many other warnings and reminders do appear.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply