HELP- I was sent an invalid return label and the Call centre is siding with the seller

Someone at eBay (not the call centre) please take a look at my case.  The seller sold me a fake accessory that he labelled was from 1988.  I asked to return. He said no. It has gone to case. He attached a fake label to the case.  This label is from a pre purchased box from Canada Post.  I actually printed it and brought it to Canada Post to see if I could use it.  They said no because the box must be with it.  I called and the call centre said; no problem we will send you a new label and instead they sent us the exact same fake label.  Had to go to a supervisor. We got the case on hold for about a minute, and now the case says that we need to enter the tracking number or else we will lose the case.  We want to ship it back, but can't because there is no valid label.  Can someone please look into this for me?  It was a for a Hacksaw Jim Duggan with the 2X4. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HELP- I was sent an invalid return label and the Call centre is siding with the seller

To get this resolved I had to call everyday and eventually was forwarded to a supervisor who understood this was not a real label and the case was closed in my favour.

View solution in original post

Message 23 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I haven't had this happen before but I do use the Prepaid boxes from time to time and the Tracking Numbers on those boxes always start with GD..........  Does it start GD? If so it can't be used without the box itself!

Maybe that will be enough to prove it isn't a usable label? Good luck!

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Yes, it is a GD. I wish. Like I said, the agent just re-sent that fraudulent label and another said I had to contact the seller again to tell them to send a new label. For the record, I did tell the seller the label did not work. But they the call centre wants me to tell them again. The case is asking me to provide them with a proper tracking. It’s a nightmare!
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

I should also add; the seller has not responded to any of my messages. 😞
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Since the tracking number/label the seller sent you is not valid does the case allow you to enter that info somewhere? Sorry, I haven't had to do it myself but if they (seller) doesn't send a proper label it should be the same as no label sent and I would think you should be refunded (item not as expected). The fact that the seller never responds to messages shows he's not willing to co-operate. Hopefully there is a place for you to put the "invalid label" somewhere in the case.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

That would be great if there was such a thing to say invalid label. I called them to let them know that the label was invalid. The agent said, no problem I will send you a proper label and then resent me the invalid fake label. This is why I am so concerned. It implies that the call centre does not believe the label to be fake and are expecting me to use a label I cannot use. Since they are the ones who review these cases, I have very little faith that they think this label is fake. Hence why I need someone not from the call centre to confirm that this label is in fact a fake. Thank you so much for all your guidance. I wish it was as easy as you make it seem. That would be amazing!
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Now my case is saying that I need to provide a tracking number. I have called the call centre but was told they would send me a new label.

When you say 'call center"  do you mean eBay?

At this point you should contact eBay through social media,not the poorly trained reps on the phones.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that mean giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

And you are able to show that the label you were sent is unusable.

Be sure that any rep you Chat with understands that you were sent the equivalent of a prepaid box label- a Priority International Flat Rate Box with NO BOX.

Some of the US reps have a hard time with concepts like "Canada doesn't use the USPS but has it's own postal system".  The Philippinos are better about that.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

These boards aren't usually monitored by anyone official that can help you.

How did you pay for it? If you used a credit card or paypal, you have options if the seller won't cooperate. You can also try contacting them through Facebook (eBay for business). They seem to be better trained. You can call in again and see if you get someone competant as well.

Depending on the price of the item, you could also pay for the return shipping yourself. You absolutely shouldn't have to, but at least it is an option to help cut your losses if other methods don't work.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Have you contacted the seller explaining that the label can't be used without the flat rate box?  If they are still not willing to send a different label it's best to contact ebay customer service on Facebook or Twitter to explain this particular problem. Once they understand, they will hopefully close the case in your favour without requiring a return.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

See the links the other sellers have attached for you below!
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I know this is crazy but I don’t have Facebook or twitter. Yes I contacted the seller. No response from them. I agree that the call centre (eBay) is not the place to call. But gosh; it should be. I’m amazed at how the solution seems to always be escalate through social media instead of using the resources that they have. After reading so many community posts looking for similar issues I wonder; is there a petition to remove the call centre? Or have their funding changed? Calls per hour has never been an effective metric since it’s clear that the game becomes get them off the phone. I also know having worked in a call centre the more calls you take the less you are monitored because it’s impossible to listen to every call. I am at a loss. I most definitely do not trust this process since the agents have told me different things. It’s very disappointing that I have to create a social media account in order to get an eBay rep to review this case through eBay. Strange time to be alive.
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I will try the automated agent. Thank you!
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Use the label provided by the Seller and ship the item back, if it does not scan or does not track you will win as the "Tracking" number provided will how as invalid...

...and the item will not be returned to the Seller, that will fall on the Seller for providing an invalid return label.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

The best thing for you is pay shipping & Insurance and send it to Sender , upload Tracking # on case immeadiatte  as ebay close case without rules and information.

It's better loose shipping than money you paid for item.

Fully agrre with you  about ebay on social media - I'll never contact them thru .

We pay  extremly high to be here .

CP is nothing better ! 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

If he does this .

CP will send package to Emergency Facility .

It takes several weeks to investigate where /what.......

Their's CS is nothing better that ebay's  even worst.

The package will be return to his adress  with New Label on it with smiley face "insufficient postage". 

Until then ebay will close case ,He will lost everything .

CP  doing this every time when workers open package and check what is in it .

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

Yes, as I said

The OP @allinthemindtreasures  should send it back using the label provided, it will scan as recived then ...

The buyer will be fully refunded as the tracking number provided by the Seller will show as "Invalid" 

End Of Case

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Even If he drop off item once packager reaches facility , on first scan will be return  to his adress.

He can't upload  Tracking # on case before is acceptet by CP.

If he goes to office to send it , will be refused to.

He can't  do nothing with this label.

This is ebay responsibility !It shoud be cut immediate .

They let this to happens , now  is he   next time will be someone  else .

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

You can just put it in a mailbox...

It a small item...

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@brettjet38 

For the purposes of the Claim, the buyer has to return the item and have Proof of Delivery.

It may be worth it to the buyer  to pay the $12-$23*  for his own label.

The chances of getting that cost back -- I don't know.

Regular parcel can be dropped in the post box.  Online labelled parcels can be dropped in the post box.

But it would be more comforting to hand it in over the counter at the PO.

* National Regular Parcel rate through Tracked Packet USA up to one kilo rate .

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

CP Scans Return to put Tracking # in system .

There is no way he can upload Tracking to Case if is not accepted from CP.

IF ebay doesn't step in ,  will not be able to Return Item on time and get Refund .

There are 2 options   :

To contact ebay until get help OR give up on shipping and get Refund .

If Item worth less that shipping is better to give up to save time, energy , avoid frustrations ......

I lost each time Custom fees  when  something goes wrong .

Because the Seller doesn't want to pay RSL,

Then  ebay removing negative feedback if you left to seller.

Un fortumately this is ebay promessed protection .

Message 20 of 25
latest reply