Have you been offered a bribe to change a negative rating??

My most recent purchase was a total failure......stitching incorrect, one hand smaller than the other, will nor inflate etc.

I tried contacting the seller to no avail.

I posted a negative review.....and suddenly ...they respond with this:

Hi,sorry to hear that you don't like it,about your concerns,we willing to issue you a half refund as a compensation and you could keep the item,just needing you to revise the negative feedback for a positive one,can you accept it?looking forward to hear back

Is it against eBay policy to offer a bribe to change a negative review?? Is this how sellers are going around and getting positive reviews?????

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do two things:

One, open a case item not as described.

Two, contact eBay by phone and report a policy violation. Don't delete the message they sent.

Yes, I have received such bribes. But you can't revise feedback so the joke is on them!
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes you certainly can revise feedback..  The seller just has to send you a request to revise feedback, there is a form for it.. and it does happen..

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

.. and it does happen..

But it won't.

The seller can refund you at any time.

The demand for revised feedback is a scam.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Open a Not As Described dispute.

You have already contacted the seller so skip that suggestion

The seller will be required to send you return postage.

When tracking shows he has the thing back, you will be refunded. (Keep an eye on the tracking because this guy is sketchey. If you don't get a refund within 24 hours of delivery, escalate to a Claim.)

If he doesn't send postage, you win by default and will be refunded. The thing can be trashed or donated.

The Dispute system is all robots and very efficient, but if you have any problems come back and ask again.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You know what I'd do? Add a follow up comment to your feedback!

https://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackLeft

I'd add a follow-up and say that the seller offered partial refund, asked to change my feedback from - to + (71 characters). Don't use the word bribe, because you need to be "factual" with your feedback so phrase it as objectively as possible lol.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply