Headline vs Description

Quick question, bid on a lot of old trading cards based on the headline and provided pictures of the cards. While the Headline claimed them to be MINT, the description is as follows. "You are bidding on a lot of 11 MINT condition base set Pokemon Cards.
Please see images for the quality of the cards.
They have all been kept in protective sleeves & have not been played."

All in all I recieved the cards and the are far from "Mint". Pictures were taken to help hide issues and almost seem photoshopped to some degree. My questions are in a gray area I guess. Do I have any grounds to ask for a return even if the seller stated "No returns"? Should I pursue some form of compensation? Some of the cards are pretty bad. How should I go about this?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Headline vs Description

even if the seller stated "No returns"?

In my opinion, that statement is a strong indication that any complaint to the seller will not go well.

However, No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

First contact the seller and tell him the cards are not in the condition he stated and you want to return them for a full refund.

Ask him for return postage.

You'll need this, especially if he is not in Canada.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Choose a service that gives Confirmation of Delivery.

If he refuses, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open an Item Not As Described dispute.

Skip the part about contacting the seller, you've already done that.

Ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.

He will be told to send you return postage (or a Return ShippingLabel if youare both in Canada). He can do this through Paypal's Send Money.

When you get the return postage, ship.

When the Claim shows the cards received, you will be refunded.

And in future, skip any seller who thinks he doesn't need to stand behind his product. It will not go well.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Headline vs Description

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Headline vs Description

Open an Item Not As Described case. The seller will have to pay for Return postage with tracking. Be aware, however, that you will have to return the entire lot and not just the ones you don't like. Or rather, that don't meet the mint criteria. As both a buyer and seller, I avoid the term 'mint' because only about five percent of people seem to realize the extent to which it means.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Headline vs Description

Yeah, I actually default typed NM because it's just thrown around but the exact words were mint. Out of the last couple purchases I haven't actually had a problem anywhere else. Inevitable I guess.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Headline vs Description

If your seller was an occasional one, he might have just copied someone else's listing with their 'mint' headline and didn't think about it. That's not your problem, however, and if you paid for 'mint' items then you have every reason to expect 'mint' items. After your return (with tracking!) for refund, your seller will have learned the hard way how and when to use the word 'mint'. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply