How can you contact ebay to resolve a problem other than by phone?

I want to contact ebay directly about a seller who cancelled an order after I paid without my permission. Seller did refund my money, but I want the item. I don't want to talk to anyone by telephone, I want to begin a resolution case in writing. The rabbit warren of "helpful" information keeps telling me I haven't paid, and if I pay, then they can help ( I DID pay, then the seller refunded my payment out of the blue and without my permission and without explanation). Anyone with suggestions? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The Seller has cancelled the transaction and refunded you your money ~ at least you have not lost anything money-wise ~ you can leave the Seller a feedback related to your disappointment, keep it factual and "pleasant" (no nasty language) ~ perhaps they sold an item they didn't actually have in stock, perhaps you live in a country they don't actually ship to ... there are some reasons why a Seller can cancel a transaction. I would move on and find another Seller with the item you are looking for ~ this current Seller may not be a Seller you would want to deal with now anyway ....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

And ebay does keep track of Seller initiated cancellations for this reason ~ buyer disappointment ~ and can take actions against a Seller who regularly does this ....
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@transdelion wrote:

I want to contact ebay directly about a seller who cancelled an order after I paid without my permission. Seller did refund my money, but I want the item. I don't want to talk to anyone by telephone, I want to begin a resolution case in writing. The rabbit warren of "helpful" information keeps telling me I haven't paid, and if I pay, then they can help ( I DID pay, then the seller refunded my payment out of the blue and without my permission and without explanation).

Your purchase is dead.

eBay can not force a seller to sell something that has been cancelled. Only that the buyer's money (if paid) is returned. Cancellations (if not requested by the buyer) do count against a seller's eBay record.

ebay support only uses the phone.

If you want to write a letter to complain: eBay Inc. 2145 Hamilton Avenue San Jose, California 95125

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much everyone.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be glad that you got the money and not to be duped by the seller which happened to many buyers lately,

Message 6 of 6
latest reply