How do I report a seller? (purchase over 90 days ago)

amenmiche
Community Member

The seller lead me on as if the product would come or I would get a refund. Now that the time has passed the seller will not get back to me and I did not rec'v my items. This is my first purchase from ebay and I will NEVER purchase again from here.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Someone should create an untrustworthy website where we could list seller ids and why we consider them dishonest. Please let me know what you find out.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

That is awful and I am sorry to hear it. As little as it helps your present situation, paypal has just increased their buyer protection to 180 days from 45 for that exact reason. You can be assured that it would never happen again.

In the meantime, I do empathize with your disappointment. Speaking as a buyer, I have had some purchases go pear-shaped but most have been lovely. In that respect, I ask you to reconsider leaving ebay because of this terrible first experience. I am merely a seller, not an employee, but I think you will find that most transactions go very smoothly if you stick with smaller purchases close to home to start. Just until you build up a few numbers behind your buyer ID. Dishonest sellers may be more likely to exploit someone who they think might not be well-versed with the rules of engagement here.

And ALWAYS check a seller's feedback comments before committing to a purchase from them. The best sellers are not always the Top Sellers but you can get a pretty good feel for how a seller conducts themselves by the Feedback Received as a Seller and Feedback Left For Others. Best of luck to you as you move forward from this. 

You could always try calling ebay to Report the Seller anyway. Although paypal may not be able to refund your money, it is possible ebay has some secret list (it only seems logical) of sellers who are bringing the company down. You never know. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ninety days is a long time, but if you backed your PP account with a credit card you could try phoning that Customer Service number and asking about a chargeback.

The rep will need dates, transaction numbers, payment amounts, currency etc to process a refund.

But even cards have deadlines although they are usually longer than the 45 days PP and eBay allow, so do it now.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

ryanjb
Community Member

I have just had the very same thing done to me.  I am working on how to start-up a website where people can list dishonest sellers.  They have been getting away with this for too long and is simply a shameful way to do business.  That being said, I have many positive purchases and that is why such a website could help people feel more secure with their on-line purchases.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

"I am working on how to start-up a website where people can list dishonest sellers.'

I strongly suggest you contact a competent lawyer to discuss your project.  Privacy laws would make it illegal in both Canada and the USA.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@ryanjb wrote:

I have just had the very same thing done to me.  I am working on how to start-up a website where people can list dishonest sellers.  They have been getting away with this for too long and is simply a shameful way to do business.  That being said, I have many positive purchases and that is why such a website could help people feel more secure with their on-line purchases.

Not an original idea. These websites already exist for years now and are established. Just do an Internet search to find them. They exist for both buyers and sellers.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

You need to re-evaluate what you consider a reasonable wait time.

Obviously 90 days didn't work for you.

I personally don't have the patience or tolerance to wait that long for a delivery; unless it's more offspring.

On eBay always work within the guidelines of a DNR claim.

I don't know what it is...30, 45, 60 days, whatever.

I give 'em until the day after the latest delivery date stated.

Never had a problem, except with lazy sellers taking my money, then saying thanks by mailing my items a week later.

The deal is done when it's in my hand and we've exchanged feedback.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I Googled and found quite a few.
There's even 'The Ebay Blacklist' on Facebook.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

wow. i did a search too.. some people... One guy complained that his package received was too big so had to make a special trip to PO.
So he left the seller a negative feedback. Unbelievable.

I stopped reading after this one, was getting me angry. Some people are truly idiots.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

There are web sites to get around being suspended from eBay and more. It seems that any thought or question one has ever had on any subject had has been asked and replied to on the internet, lol.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Your credit card is the way to go now.

Paypal is just a useful mediator.

Go to the 1-800 number on your card, phone and ask about a chargeback.

Cards do have deadlines so do this immediately.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply