How do you make a unreceived item claim if the estimated arrival date is later than ebay's time limi

Can someone give me a quick summary on how unreceived item claims work now? I am a bit out of the loop on the reporting system.

At the beginning of December, I bought an item #392172332392, and the estimated arrival time was Fri, Dec 21 - Thu, Feb 07. However, by Feb 7th, the ability to create a claim on this item was already long gone. I mailed the seller about the item not arriving, and they messaged back to me and said I should call my post office and then they just deleted the old posting so I can't respond to them any more when I asked them for more shipping information.

It was less than 2 dollars so it wasn't a big deal, but I still wanted the things I bought and paid for. How can I prevent similar things from happening again? How long should I wait before filing a claim? The system prevents me from making a claim if it collides with the estimated shipping time window, but if the window is beyond the date that ebay allows me to claim, then I am screwed.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

How do you make a unreceived item claim if the estimated arrival date is later than ebay's time limi

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You have 30days from that last date to open an eBay dispute. Finding the transaction number is the problem. Go to your PayPal account for that.
You can either then use the eBay or the Payal transaction for the Dispute.
I recommend eBay.
Sorry about typing I’m using my phone

is the robl
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You should still be able to claim since it is less than 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.

Have you tried opening a claim here?

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @ypdc_dennis!

Hi @pansophic.innovator - I agree with folks like Femme and PJ: you should have the ability to open a request, as our guarantee should cover you for an Item not Received request in this instance. 

Please try to open a request via the link PJ provided, and let us know if you run into trouble, I'm happy to have a closer look!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

So I want to make sure I did all the steps before opening a claim, including messaging the seller directly and wait so that if they don't respond, I would open a case. However, now the seller has responded saying they will send a new one.

But now there's no official transaction of that, the seller could just be saying it and never send it, then it'd be another 2 months down the line and I'd probably forget about it and never get my stuff.

I feel like I should just ask for refund instead.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

You should definitely open an item not received case and ask for a refund.  I wouldn’t count on another one being sent out.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I rarely buy from overseas but this has also happened to me. I waited patiently for my item with an eye on the final days in the range of the Estimated Date of Delivery (EDD) and, once that EDD passed, the listing also vanished because it was longer than 60 days after purchase.

PayPal is your only recourse then.

It’s a flaw in the system.

For obvious reasons, do not accept an offer to replace from the seller if such offer should be forthcoming. Take your refund and buy again. From that seller or another. If you choose the same seller, at least they’re motivated to try sending another one or lose your payment a second time versus not sending a replacement for a payment which is on its way to losing through expiration its buyer protection through PayPal as well.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
I rarely buy from overseas but this has also happened to me. I waited patiently for my item with an eye on the final days in the range of the Estimated Date of Delivery (EDD) and, once that EDD passed, the listing also vanished because it was longer than 60 days after purchase.

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/ shows my purchases going back to October (120 days) when I select "haven't received it yet".

As you say, never accept a Seller's offer of reshipping. Refund and repurchase is the only proper way to have eBay buyer protection.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Ugh, the seller just said they have sent another one and will refund me if it doesn't arrive in 15 days. Man, I give up. The item was literally a dollar.

The only problem is I already bought another one from someone else, so if the item arrives, I won't be able to tell if the old seller was telling the truth or not unless I get both of them.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@pansophic.innovator wrote:

Ugh, the seller just said they have sent another one and will refund me if it doesn't arrive in 15 days. Man, I give up. The item was literally a dollar.

The only problem is I already bought another one from someone else, so if the item arrives, I won't be able to tell if the old seller was telling the truth or not unless I get both of them.

Hi @pansophic.innovator - I would definitely consider opening an Item Not Received request with our Money Back Guarantee. This ensures that if the replacement this seller offered does not arrive we hold them accountable and also get your money back. 

@ypdc_dennis's info on opening a request should work without an issue, but you're also able to contact Customer Support via phone or social media (Facebook or Twitter) and they can work to get it opened on your behalf. Personally I prefer Facebook or Twitter because you can get your information to them and they'll work with it and message you - no waiting on hold necessary!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

PayPal is your only recourse then.

It’s a flaw in the system.

For obvious reasons, do not accept an offer to replace from the seller if such offer should be forthcoming. Take your refund and buy again. From that seller or another. If you choose the same seller, at least they’re motivated to try sending another one or lose your payment a second time versus not sending a replacement for a payment which is on its way to losing through expiration its buyer protection through PayPal as well.

Could that have been before ebay started showing a buyers purchase for 2 or 3 years?  As far as I know there shouldn't be a problem with opening a claim after the 60 days through their purchase history or through the resolution center.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@pansophic.innovator 

they have sent another one and will refund me if it doesn't arrive in 15 days. Man, I give up. The item was literally a dollar.

There is a very very good chance that he is selling vapourware.

The first item did not arrive because it does not exist and was never sent.

The second item will not arrive because it does not exist and was never sent.

The buyer gives up because the item was only a dollar and the minimum wage is 18 cents a minute.

The scammer seller now has a dollar.

Rinse and repeat.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply