How much time do I have to resolve an issue with a seller ?

In my years in business I certainly learned patience and operated my business in a fair and honest manner ,, and that paid off.

I'm dealing with a seller who is really testing my patience and a seller who ( in the event that he is trying to screw me about ) is making a real mistake.

Please correct me if I'm wrong do I only have twenty days to resolve a dispute with a seller ? how is the time calculated is it from the time of the payment or the time I receive the goods ?

I have carefully weighed my options and hopefully for the sake of $ 145.00 this stupid situation is resolved in the next few days.

I received defective product from China ( although the seller advertised the item was located in B.C. ) The product should arrive in 3-5 days as advertised ( it took 15 days ).

The seller is peed off because after 8 days I questioned him ( via e-mail ) through his poor command of English I conclude he blamed the " weather " for the delay ??

Not a word about China, I had no clue whatsoever this item originated in China, if I had known that I would never have entered into any transaction with this seller.

The product was defective, I gave the seller the opportunity to replaced the item ,, he decined and gave me his mailing address in B.C. this is where I returned it to via Canada Parcel Post.

I tracked the parcel, he seller was notified at 9 am. on the sixth of February that the parcel had arrived and as of this writing it still has not been picked up.

I'm of a mind to notify the seller that if I do not have my money refunded to my Pay-Pal account by Monday 4pm. our time then I will exercise all and every option open to me.

This would include forwarding the International Waybill attached to my parcel from China showing the parcel marked as a " gift " and the value shown as $ 25.00 USD.

I want nothing to do with fraudulent documents ,,, I never asked that this item should be marked as a gift and the actual value of the item is what I paid ,, approx. $ 145.00 USD.

Please don't respond by saying the seller " saved me money " it's dishonest and I wan't nothing to do with that at all.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How much time do I have to resolve an issue with a seller ?

You have 45 days to open a dispute.

You have 60 days to leave feedback.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

File your claim with PayPal TODAY.

There is nothing to gain by stalling.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes, yes, yes.

Sound advice from the others, File Now no matter what the seller mentions.

Some sellers know how to work the system & will push you past the forty five day limit. After forty five days you cannot open a dispute.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

How many new topics are you going to start about this same issue?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No further topics ,, just needed some solid advice ,, I have my answer thank you ,, sorry to bother you.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Not sure fillingt a claim will do anything for you. If as you said it was shipped form china and you shipped it back to an address in BC you may be out of luck.

It would have to be shipped back to the address they have on file with paypal. Even if it is tracked.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Not sure fillingt a claim will do anything for you. If as you said it was shipped form china and you shipped it back to an address in BC you may be out of luck.

It would have to be shipped back to the address they have on file with paypal. Even if it is tracked.

I have read on the forum that an item must be shipped back to the seller's location, not the shipper's location. I have no idea if that's true but just saying that your comment might not be correct.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply