How to open an "Item Not Received" request

I need to open a claim for an item not received that is past the due date. How do I do that? In the past I would go to the resolution centre, but I don't see an option for that any more. Has eBay changed the process?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't think they have the "Resolution Center" any more. When they changed the process so that a seller could automatically cancel an unpaid item after 4 days instead of having to open a case after 4 then waiting 4 more days, I also noticed the Resolution Center link gone. Myself I prefer this quicker route! (That's as a seller.)

However as a buyer if you want to open a claim for item not received. Go to your Orders and you should see along with Leave Feedback, etc. a "More Actions" link, click that and you will see several choices including "I Didn't Receive It". You should be able to go from there.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I tried that but it just takes me to a page that says "your item may still be on the way" with no options to do anything else. Then it directs me back to the purchased item in an endless loop.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Maybe the estimated delivery has a range? You wouldn't be able to do anything until after the latest date (if it was today you would have to wait until tomorrow.)

I would have thought "I haven't received my item" was where you do it but even before opening a case have you tried "Contact Seller"? The seller can maybe give you more info, that is the best first step. Unless they have not been cooperative, then you would have to do it as Item Not Received.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you @msau4301 

Maybe that's the problem, the estimated due date is today, so maybe the option to open a claim only opens on the following day. Will try again tomorrow. Thank you again for your time 🙏

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You're right, you won't be able to open a claim until after the last delivery date so you should be able to open it tomorrow.

I'm curious..are you suspicious that the seller didn't send the item? The dates that ebay gives you are only an estimate and aren't always based on reality so depending on the circumstances and where the item was coming from, I usually wait an extra week or two before opening  a claim.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, you are correct @pjcdn2005 I am a little leery of this transaction. I found two items that I wanted and asked the seller if he combined shipping to Canada. He replied that yes he will combine shipping, so to avoid any confusion, I told him again that I WAS IN CANADA. Sure, he says, no problem shipping to Canada with discounted shipping for two items. So I purchase the two items and ask him for a combined shipping total, reminding him again the I AM IN CANADA. He replies an hour later saying "I didn't know you were in Canada" and that he can't discount the shipping to an "exotic destination like Canada". In the end, we agreed to split the shipping cost, but it was pretty obvious he wasn't very happy about it, so I wouldn't be surprised by any funny business at this point 😆

Message 7 of 7
latest reply