How to return a CD to USA with return label only good in the US

Purchased a CD (could only find it in the US) from a US seller and rec'd wrong CD. Advised seller and they immediately refunded my purchase and sent me a return label which is only good if mailed in the US of course. If I attach the label to the pkg. and then stick Cdn. stamps over the pre-paid stamp will that be good enough?

Not going to pay tracking to the US, would cost more than the cost of the CD + shipping that I paid. Its enough that I have to pay to ship it back. I don't know of anyone going across the border to mail it for me or I would do that.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Email the seller and tell him the return label is no good as you are in Canada and ask if he even wants the CD back. If so, you should not have to pay for the return. If you are willing to pay for it, readdress it yourself as the label is from USPS and has the sender and recipient wrong as well.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi, If the seller sent you the wrong CD, they are at fault.  I sell CD's and if I sent someone the wrong CD, I would refund them and not expect the buyer to send it back.  It was probably one of the drop shippers that sell CD's.  

Since they have already refunded you, you don't need to worry about that.   

I agree that you should contact the seller regarding shipping it back.  Tell them your situation and that you don't feel you should be out the money as you did not get what you ordered.  

If you do have to ship it back, you could put it in a small padded bubble envelope, make sure it is not too fat to go through PO office mail slot and you could ship it back for $3.79 Cdn plus tax it would be $3.98 Cdn, make sure you ask for light packet.  I don't agree that you should have to go through all of that and be out $4.00 when you did nothing wrong and it was the seller who made the error.  

I took a look at your feedback and if it is the seller I am thinking about they are notorious for sending the wrong items, they have lots of negatives.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That CD seller has over 3,500 negative and neutrals in the past year.  Many for the same thing that you have a problem with, sent the wrong item.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply