I accidentally asked for wrong refund amount - Can I refuse?

rawx4u
Community Member

I accidentally asked for the wrong amount to the seller

He accepted the amount to refund

Can I refuse the refund and do it again?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You asked for a partial refund and now want a larger one?

You can certainly ask, but the seller does not have to agree. Indeed, if you increase your request he is very likely to refuse outright on the basis that you are starting to sound greedy.

Many sellers have a No Refunds without Return policy, because if it's good enough to keep, it's good enough to pay for.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes but the thing is he sold me something that is considerably damaged.

I accidentally asked for less than the damage, I was distract, he agreed really fast, but I guess I will have to refuse and ask for it again.

I will do it since you said it was okay to do it, I just wanted to be sure that I would not go into some sort of complications, like for example, not being able to ask another time the ocrrect ammount.

The process will start back to where it was prior the refund amount? (discussion and negociation)

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Actually, there was NO way to do something with the seller after I declined the refund

So your reply was misleading

I now have to use the regular messaging to talk to the seller because

there is only one remaining option in the resolution center and it's "ask us to step in and help" ...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I was typing that there wouldn't be a way for the seller to offer another partial refund through the case but obviously I was too late. This isn't a question that comes up too often so I can understand why the other poster wasn't aware of the restriction.  I wasn't sure though if the seller would still have the option to ask you to return for a full refund...it sounds as if they don't.

If you are willing to return the item, make sure that you ask ebay to step in before the deadline if you and seller can't come to an agreement.  Don't close the case though until you do get a partial or full refund.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes this person has completely misled me into making a big mistake

I tried to message the seller, he didn't replied yet ...

Of course I would prefer to keep the item with the "discount" because I offered for a refund that would make it more interesting to keeping it.

I can't believe I have been mislead like this !

I'm sure a question like that is pretty common, except not on the forum maybe

And eBay does not take calls !

I asked the seller to refund me into paypal and then I will close the case

This thing would be taken for an official action and the seller would have a proof that he refund me so eBay would close the case and everything would be good ... Except that I'm not sure that the seller is feeling safe with this, and he has no way to confort himself because eBay doesn't take calls !!

The thing is, I want to keep the item, just not at that price ( not after I saw the big big cracks and chips everywhere)

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The people who reply here are members of the ebay community just like yourself and help when we have time so we don't know everything.  I don't think that it makes much sense that ebay has it set up like they and I'm sorry that you were affected by it.  I hope things work out well for you in the end.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Make a claim with paypal if it does not work out to your liking.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply