I don't have a question but a warning abut a person who is selling on e bay.

The seller is who is selling a Sansui BA 5000 power amp ,who sold to me and after I sent the money he cancelled. He told

me to send the cost and shipping ,by money order . I sent the monies by register mail ,after I sent it I emailed him and he told me he sold it to someone local. I had to go to the Post Office and find the letter to get it back . Than I had to go to the bank and return my funds to my account . I also lost the $11.00 cost for register mail. Please be careful buying from this person ,he might just take your money and disappear .paigezack 50 an e bay member for years .

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is a reason why eBay does not allow sellers to ask for money orders, cheques, or cash.

All sellers must have a payment service that can be electronically verified. 

This is for Buyer Protection.

In addition to negative feedback and ONE STAR Detailed Seller Ratings, the lowest possible, you should Report this transaction to eBay. They changed policies on this over a decade ago after scammers started abusing the use of money orders. 

You were very lucky to get out of this with the help of your bank and post office. Buy the clerks a big box of chocolates. 

Oh- btw, Registered Mail is not accepted as electronically trackable by Paypal or eBay. I have no explanation for this. Only use barcoded services like ExpressPost. It may even be cheaper than Registration.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You should consider leaving appropriate negative feedback for that transaction instead of posting here.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There is a reason why eBay does not allow sellers to ask for money orders, cheques, or cash.

All sellers must have a payment service that can be electronically verified. 

This is for Buyer Protection.

In addition to negative feedback and ONE STAR Detailed Seller Ratings, the lowest possible, you should Report this transaction to eBay. They changed policies on this over a decade ago after scammers started abusing the use of money orders. 

You were very lucky to get out of this with the help of your bank and post office. Buy the clerks a big box of chocolates. 

Oh- btw, Registered Mail is not accepted as electronically trackable by Paypal or eBay. I have no explanation for this. Only use barcoded services like ExpressPost. It may even be cheaper than Registration.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply