I feel Seller toyed with on going conversation to let 60 days pass so can't leave comments

My issue with the seller started on December 8th, 2021.  I even had to talk to Ebay, and they messaged the seller, and it went nowhere.  I bought an unlocked phone (China) and when I received it, (Canada) it was not unlocked.  I contacted the seller, and he asked to try some steps which did not work.  And through messaging, he told me to send the phone to a location in the US.  I thought he will get my phone unlocked and send it back to me.  Instead, he refunded me, and I messaged and said I never asked for a refund.  First, he broke protocol because if I wanted to return it, he should have said do a RETURN ITEM.  He told me to just rebuy, send him a message and he will send it back to me.  I thought TERRIFIC!  The problem,  shipping was higher, and the colour was no longer there for me to choose from.  But that shouldn't matter bc I wanted the phone I sent to the US.

The issues began here, with the many messages back and forth on how can I rebuy the phone bc of the colour option issue?  A mistake he made and did not try and fix. He told me, in the beginning, to just rebuy, message him and he will send it back to me.  I finally told him I will wait until the colour is available again and to notify me, he said he would.  That colour is available now, he did not notify me.  When I tried to buy, I could not because he decided to block me.  Now the 60 days have passed, and I cannot even leave a review on the seller.  I always wait until I receive my item before leaving a comment.   I felt like he did this on purpose with the messaging, waited till 60 days passed, and told me to "%$^&&#* by his action.  So upset by all this. 

** I had previously written before about my issue and this is the aftermath that makes me mad.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I feel Seller toyed with on going conversation to let 60 days pass so can't leave comments

You bought a phone from China.

It was advertised as unlocked but in fact was locked.

The seller had you send the phone to a US address.

You expected a repair, but got a refund.

The seller blocked you.

You cannot leave feedback because 60 days have passes since the original delivery.

Feedback is not used by eBay to assess member accounts.

Some buyers use it, but most are happy to buy if the rating is 95%. Which is an absolutely horrible score.

There is no reason to believe that a replacement phone would be any better than the original, so the refund was likely the best outcome.

You can leave a Response to any feedback, your own or the seller's, indefinitely. The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

With 20/20 hindsight, what you actually should have done is open a Not As Described dispute.

The seller would have been required to pay for your return shipping.

You would have received the same refund, but you would not be out the cost of return shipping.

Because the seller refunded you on return, there is no fallout for him from the failed transaction.

EBay would consider that it was handled properly.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply