I'm frustrated how seller don't look at message ever day

leo-chl-2rjaswmitb
Community Member

I bought an item from eBay. I got a tracking number after a day of purchase, but the tracking number doesn't work. I wait until their description saying We will ship 5 -7 business day so I wait. The tracking number still doesn't work. I ask the seller what happen, what's going on? He replies to me after 2 days that due to COVID-19 something about air traffic the shipment will delay. After 2 days, the tracking number still didn't work so I asked him again, did you ship my package? He told me that he was waiting for me to reply if I want him to ship the package or not. I obviously reply to him that I want him to ship my package and I want it as soon as possible 2 days ago and I ask him to reply to me after he ships the package. He didn't reply to me and the tracking number still not working so I assume he didn't ship my package yet. I am frustrated with how seller don't look at the message or don't reply message even if they saw them. I'm frustrated. eBay should have some rule about replying messages like the seller must reply message within 24 hours or 2 days or they will get banned by eBay until the situation is solved.

The estimated date is Jun 26. Do I have to wait for that long to resolution center? It is funny how the resolution center says the item is in transit, but actually it is not.

At least, I know now that the tracking number doesn't work because he didn't ship the package yet. Weird how he got the tracking number when he didn't ship.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You purchased from a seller with a 5-7 day handling time.

• Some sellers have longer handling times because they cannot get to the post office every day.
  • Some sellers have moved to longer handling times because the post is so slow these days although they are still mailing within 24 hours.

The tracking number you were given did not work.

• Often, as you guessed, this is because the shipping label has been purchased but the shipment has not entered the mailstream.
  • However, some post offices do not register shipments on the spot, but wait for the shipment to reach the Terminal. For example, I live in Victoria, but our postal terminal is in Richmond on the mainland.

something about air traffic the shipment will delay.

Well, there is less air traffic with the pandemic, but that doesn't stop shippers from accepting packages. It just makes delivery slower.

If his pants aren't actually on fire, they are smouldering.

He didn't reply to me and the tracking number still not working so I assume he didn't ship my package yet.

And so would I.

There is a Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

You can try to open an Item Not Received dispute in it.  You may or may not be able to, but try anyway.

It may push the seller into action.

There are some constraints on when you can open eBay Disputes, and usually they won't open until the last date for delivery has passed.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, DELIVERY) you will be refunded.

EBay may allow the seller some time to show delivery if he actually has put the shipment into the mail. 

The estimated date is Jun 26. Do I have to wait for that long to resolution center?

Yes and no.

The seller will be told to show that the shipment is actually in the system.

But such a long waiting period?

Your seller is likely shipping from overseas and may be using Surface Mail.

Is there any pattern of complaints in his feedback about slow deliveries?

The actual number is less important than the pattern.

HOWEVER

You are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection program, which starts on Payment and runs for 180 days.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The system is about the same as eBay's (they were once one company).

If the seller does not prove delivery or refund you, PP will refund you, and go after him for their money.

You are also covered by the chargeback provisions of the credit card you use to back your Paypal account.

But start with eBay before moving on to PP.  The card is the last choice.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The resolution said the package in in-transit and ask me to wait for June 25.

It looks like the item is on its way and should arrive by Jun 26, 2020. If you don't receive it by then, please contact the seller or come back to us so we can help you.

-from the resolution center.

Is there any pattern of complaints in his feedback about slow deliveries?

The actual number is less important than the pattern.

I don't see any problem before, but now. The seller start to have some review saying they didn't receive the package after the month, the tracking number doesn't work and didn't ship the buyer package. He has some really good amount of positive feedback before I bought the item from him.

What I'm frustrated is that I know during CoVID-19 the delivery will delay and that's not a problem at all. However, the lack of communication is killing me and the one who bought the same item after me.  He didn't say what is going right now. The buyer don't know what happen, they might think there is a scam. However, I am still willing to wait for him. I hope he ships my item soon.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

He has some really good amount of positive feedback before I bought the item from him.

If he had 98% positive feedback that's okay. Not great, but okay.

Anything under 95% is really horrible and those sellers should be avoided.

It is not unusual for a seller to suddenly go bad but often a good seller's account has been stolen when this happens.

Is there a long gap between his recent feedback and his older feedback? It's hard to know since eBay stopped dating FB, but if most of his FB is over a year old, and there is almost no "past six months" FB, there is a good chance the account is hacked.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'd allow a week and if the tracking is not active and moving by then go to Paypal and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If you need more help come back here.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply