I think I was scammed by a Russian seller, what to do?

unsha82
Community Member

I recently won an auction for an item from Russian seller. The tracking information provided from the seller is a courier I have never heard of. When I go to the courier website, all the links of the website do not work. Do I have any recourse? All of the eBay automated options will not allow me to do anything because the target date for the shipment arriving is in September.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are also covered by Paypal, if you used them as a payment processor, for 180 days from Payment.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Activity.

And you can also enquire about a chargeback on your credit card. Card policies differ.

Note that if you lose a PP dispute, eBay will not allow you to open a dispute on the same transaction. If you lose a credit card chargeback, neither PP nor eBay will allow a dispute.

So for immediate satisfaction, start with PP.

Also-- the international postal system is actually quite robust and efficient.  There is no reason for a purchase to take any longer from Russia (or China or Brazil) to take any longer than from Germany or Australia.

In future, check the delivery period, BEFORE BUYING, and don't buy if it is over 30 days.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

unsha82
Community Member

Thanks for the advice. I ended up contacting eBay and because the Seller has not loaded any tracking information into eBay, they have initiated the money back guarantee.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Since tracking is not a requirement it's very odd that they would open an item not received case before the estimated delivery date.  When you go to the resolution Center at the bottom of the page does it show that a case was opened?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply