I think i got scammed!!

I won an auction recently at a very low price and actually ordered 2 cause it was such a good deal. Item and seller from China. Seller had only 5 feedbacks which made me concerned but i went ahead anyway. Paid for item and shortly after. Product was marked shipped. Now seller is listed as not a registered user. So now i wait and see if it arrives. Any opinions on this?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I think i got scammed!!

marnotom!
Community Member

From http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/questions/feedback-unregistered.html:

We don't recommend sending payment to a seller if they are not a registered user. If you've sent payment to a seller who is now "not a registered user" and you haven't received the item after a reasonable period of time, please file an Item Not Received dispute.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I think i got scammed!!

Nowhere did the OP state that they payed an unregistered user. The seller went NRU after payment was made and after the items were marked shipped. This is now ebay's fault.

The OP is entitled to open an item not received case and get his money back.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think i got scammed!!

@maximus7001 wrote:

Nowhere did the OP state that they payed an unregistered user. The seller went NRU after payment was made and after the items were marked shipped. This is now ebay's fault.

The OP is entitled to open an item not received case and get his money back.

"If you've sent payment to a seller who is now 'not a registered user. . . . "

This means that the seller was still registered at the time of payment.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I think i got scammed!!

And in any case, the OP/buyer could still open a case through Paypal as Item Not Received.

Many scammers don't seem to have noticed that PP has a strong Buyer Protection system in place that can be used even if the transaction did not take place through eBay or any other online site.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I think i got scammed!!

just bought an item from china the price was too good to be true

they had 0 feedback and deregistered right after sale

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I think i got scammed!!

See the post above yours.

The Paypal Resolution Centre is on your PP account page at the top under Tools.

Ignore the suggestion that you contact the seller.

Go directly to a Claim and say the seller is Not A Registered User.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I think i got scammed!!

you will get your money back from Ebay, go to resolution center and open a claim.  you'll wait a bit but will get your money

back.  my experience Oct 2016 never received any above ground pools or floaters  all sellers were new and had 4 or 5 items

to sell, I bid and paid. they were all put in resolution center and ebay paid me back for all.  the pool scam is on right now, again.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply