Is anyone having trouble with shipments from China to Canada?

hraithamar
Community Member

I used to buy from China and Hong Kong (to Canada) a lot, the mail was actually faster than from the US. Now I have not received a single parcel I ordered from China since May. I don't think it's a problem with my sellers, I always got good service from those sellers before. I'm wondering if something went wrong with the mail service somewhere between China and Canada.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Same problem? Theories? Actual facts?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

They had a typhoon over there a few weeks ago...Maybe its their bad weather season and shipments were lost/damaged/affected? But to not receive anything for the last few months doesn't sound right.

Message 2 of 66
latest reply

I buy from China often. I have not has any problems not receiving items. 

Message 3 of 66
latest reply

oops typo.

I have not had any problems

Message 4 of 66
latest reply

Sometimes good sellers (anywhere in the world) just go bad. I hope you have been making your Item Not Received claims before Day 43 from purchase.

If you get a refund and then the item shows up, you can repay the refund using Paypal "send money". Attach the original ebay and PP transaction numbers for the company bookkeeper.

Message 5 of 66
latest reply

hraithamar
Community Member

Thanks peeps. Good to know.

Message 6 of 66
latest reply

No problems for me either.....but never have they been faster than from the States!  I can usually count on it taking at least 35 days for China.  On the other hand, I'm finding it's recently been taking longer from the states - sometimes over 2 weeks.

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

75aj
Community Member

I am in Canada and have often bought from China. Recently I made three different orders from three different sellers in China. Pretty mundane low priced stuff, a 5 dollar watch, a watch band and a small screwdriver set. Nonet of it showed up and it has been about 35 days. Usually stuff from China only takes a week and a half to two weeks to reach me.

I wondering whether it was the typhoon, unscrupolous sellers or perhaps slow downs at customs or maybe even that customs canada is confiscating stuff coming in from China.

I honestly don't think it is in the sellers interest to rip someone off over a five dollar watch by not sending it, since their are consequences for him. I have doubts this is the problem.

Message 8 of 66
latest reply

gen89089
Community Member

can you tell me if the total of the invoice is really what I will have to pay if I buy from china? or will there be any additional costs?

Message 9 of 66
latest reply

lagarderie
Community Member

Replying Dec 21/12. Yes, having a terrible time getting anything from China right now. Oldest order from China not yet received was Oct. 28. No idea what's wrong, but I see Chinese sellers starting to exclude Canada, so there may be a specific problem related to this combination of countries.

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

For those who ordered since October: for 3 weeks in November the Chinese government held up all mail heading out of the country. Some kind of labour unrest. My parcels have arrived this week from Nov. 1...normally it is 21 days airmail.

Message 11 of 66
latest reply

4boobybob
Community Member

Hi i have had a problem ,i bought from china in  october and in november, the november arrived last week and the october ones arrived .When i tried to leave feedback the items were not in my purchases so how do i leave it.the seller wont be happy as it was not his fault .

Message 12 of 66
latest reply

For what period of time do you have your settings in your Purchases?  If it shows 30 days they will not appear.

If you can't find them go to the Feedback Forum and see if you can find them there.

Message 13 of 66
latest reply

spike48810
Community Member

Does this refer to just the mainland, or Taiwan/Hong Kong as well?

Message 14 of 66
latest reply

People really HAVE to be patient when ordering from anywhere in China period.  When I do order from there, I don't even expect them to arrive before 40 days....and I don't sweat it.  When they arrive early......BONUS!

Message 15 of 66
latest reply

The Mainland is the People's Republic of China. Hong Kong is part of China now (and has been since 1999) but I think they are still using a separate postal administration.

Taiwan is the Republic of China and is a completely separate country with a different government and a different postal system. 

Message 16 of 66
latest reply

I've found China faster more recently. A few items delayed but really, better than last year. No idea, sorry.

Message 17 of 66
latest reply

The Mainland is the People's Republic of China. Hong Kong is part of China now (and has been since 1999) but I think they are still using a separate postal administration.

Taiwan is the Republic of China and is a completely separate country with a different government and a different postal system. 

Did you notice that in the eBay Sell Your Item form in the County of Manufacture, Taiwan is listed as "Taiwan, Province of China". How much did eBay get from China to put that in!

In the same  Sell Your Item form in the shipping, it still has just Taiwan listed as the country to ship to.

Message 18 of 66
latest reply

kitlani_kollector
Community Member

This is my first transaction with eBay and my article, supposedly coming from China, has taken 5 weeks so far. Should I start to get worried?

Message 19 of 66
latest reply

This is my first transaction with eBay and my article, supposedly coming from China, has taken 5 weeks so far. Should I start to get worried?

You should open an  INR before the 45 day limit is expired.

Message 20 of 66
latest reply