Is it possible for an eBay seller to increase the price of an item without deleting and resisting?

I expressed interest in a Sonic and Bowser Jr. Amiibo from a seller, but the seller said he couldn’t list bowser jr although he does have sonic listed. He instead offered to send a paypal invoice to me for the price of both.

I want to know if it’s possible for the seller to increase the price of Sonic (so the total is sonic+bowser jr.) and I simply buy from there so it counts as a transaction inside eBay. It sounds like sending a paypal invoice is outside eBay, which appears to be against eBay policy. https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-policies/offers-buy-sell-outside-ebay-policy?id=4272

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Is it possible for an eBay seller to increase the price of an item without deleting and resisting?

Yes, if the seller chooses to work with you within ebay there is nothing to prevent him or her from revising a fixed price listing as you are thinking to do. The pricing can be moved up and down at will, items can be added or removed as necessary to accommodate the buyer, existing photos can be replaced and/or new ones added, the title and description can be re-written.

Auction listings are a completely different animal from fixed price when it comes to revisions. Some types of revisions are possible soon after the auction has launched, but as soon as a bid is received very little can be revised after that. Even without a bid, after some time passes a lot of the details in an auction listing are locked in ... set in stone for the duration.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply