Is there a contact number for ebay? I want to report a harassing seller.

Is there a contact number to call ebay regarding a harassing seller?

Long story, short, I ordered a listed part for my computer, using the information from dell (part number, model number etc).  They sent a part that is the wrong color, the mounting clips do not line up at all to clip the bottome to the laptop.  I asked for a refund, and an address to send the part back, they acted like a little child throwing a tantrum claiming over and over and over the part was correct. 

I want to call ebay regarding this. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Begin the procedure to flag this item as SNAD, and just follow the instructions.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If your item arrives damaged, doesn’t match the listing description, or is the wrong item, you can return it for a refund. If you've changed your mind and want to send it back, you can ask the seller if they'll accept a return.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041&st=3&pos=3&query=Return%2...

Follow the instructions and provide accurate details...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Opening the Claim and getting refunded is basic.

You really don't want totalk to the phone reps. They are poorly trained, work from a script, and have a quota. They basically want to get you off the phone so they canget a pee break.

Use the social media -- but start with the Claims system which is fast and straightforward.

Get a refund.

If the seller does not cooperate, they will still be charged for the part, you will not be required to return it, and theywill get a Defect for their recalcitrance.

Here are the social media accounts covered by well trained eBay employees.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

But don't reinvent the wheel.

Start with the robots on the Claims process.

No human intervention to slow down your refund.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You can report a seller here.  https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=3&pos=1&quer...

But in order to return the item and get your money back, you will need to open a return. The reason for the return will be wrong item sent or item not as described...something along that line.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

At this point, I don't care about my 50 bucks.  I want them reported for the harassing messages, name calling, and calling me a liar when they listed the part as the correct part but it is obviously not.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@sandkliquidations "At this point, I don't care about my 50 bucks.  I want them reported for the harassing messages, name calling, and calling me a liar when they listed the part as the correct part but it is obviously not. " 

Ahhh! a vendetta...

Unless many, many other Buyers report the Seller nothing will happen...

Calling eBay, and using social media will also really do nothing unless, of course, you make Claim, but the fact that you have not, and do not seem to want to, says something about your post and issues. 

4 people have given you the information you need to rectify your issue and your reply is to not reply, really.

We have not seen any of these "harassing messages, name calling, and calling me a liar" so we cannot really help you or comment on them other than to say there are two sides to every coin...

But as I have looked over your feedback and have a question for you.

Did the color of the item and the item you received match what was shown in the pictures of the listing of the item you purchased? 

"The picture and material number we sent to you are the same. Please be professional. Don't buy at random. Look well before you buy, They bought the wrong one, and they want a refund and they don't want to return the product."

And, why would you not return the item?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The color and mounting of the items are NOT anywhere near the same of the real product on my computer now.  So..NO.  I asked them 3 times for the information to return the item because it was not what I ordered, and they went off on me.  I don't care what YOU think about my interaction with them.  They would not give me any information to return the item until I put the negative feedback up.  Then they changed their tune.  At that point, I said no I am not taking my negative feed back down.  Simple.  Please, if you have nothing to contribute then don't respond.  This sell sent me around 10 messages in about a 1 hr period with the same ITS THE right part number. It was clearly not, and when I asked for a refund they called me a liar and said I did not know what I was ordering. 

Thats fine, I won't do anything.  enough said.  My Negative feedback is there and responded too again.  I will take the **bleep**py fake part and just destroy it since it's no good to anyone. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@sandkliquidations wrote:

.  Please, if you have nothing to contribute then don't respond.  

Well, if you didn't want our advice, why post here?

Most of us pointed you exactly about what to do, but you decided not to follow the official course.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You did not answer my question...

Did the color of the item you received match what was shown in the pictures of the listing of the item you purchased? 

Or

Did what you receive match what was shown to you in the listing pictures when you purchased the item?

Yes or No

Yes, then you got what was shown to you in the pictures...

No, then we have all told you what to do...

Message 10 of 10
latest reply