Item Not Received Case Closed Without Allowing Me to Escalate

geofhoo-0
Community Member
I purchased an item at the end of May and was provided with a GSP tracking number June 2nd.
The item was never scanned and still only says 'tracking details uploaded'. I contacted the seller after about 2 weeks of no activity and they provided proof that they had shipped the item to the GSP KY hub (USPS receipt w/tracking). After another week or so the est. ship window passed and I once again contacted the seller telling them I will be forced to open an item not recieved case. They said ok and offered any help they could. This past Friday I opened the case and soon after the seller uploaded the tracking he had to the GSP hub to show they did in fact ship it (This now shows up as a second parcel under my order info). As this tracking showed deliverd, Ebay said I only had 24 hours to respond as my package had now arrived. My only option was to ask ebay to step in, but after clicking the button i would be directed to an error screen every time. I immediately started a chat session with an ebay rep and they said i had to wait 3 days after the item shows delievered (even though the original package does not show delivered). I explained everything in detail and made the situation clear. They said i will be able to reopen the case after the 3 days and i should get my refund. The case closed after the 24 hours 'because there's been no further activity since the item was delivered'. This doesn't seem right and i do not feel good about this situation. I've never opened a case and am very unsure about this. Will an option show up after the 3 days to reopen the case or open a new case? I don't think it works that way. Do i have to appeal the closure?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You can’t open a 2nd case for the same item. Does the second tracking number show that the parcel was delivered to you or to the gsp Center in Erlanger?   The whole situation And the info you were given sounds confusing.  If you have Facebook, you should send a message through the ebay for business FB page there explaining the situation as I’ve heard good things about the customer service there.

If the tracking shows the parcel being delivered to you, what carrier does the tracking show?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I forgot to post the link for eBay on FB

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Apparently you can also ask for help via Twitter but I don’t  have the URL right now. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks I'll give that a try. 

The new tracking number provided shows the package was delivered to GSP not me.  No tracking shows anything delivered to me at any time.  I just found it strange that it would close the ticket like that without allowing me to take any further action.  I'd really like my money back if this package is truly lost at the GSP hub.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The case shouldn't have closed if tracking shows just to the gsp although sometimes the system doesn't seem to recognize that it was a gsp transaction.  Do you have a gsp tracking number...I believe that it starts with UPAB.  If you do, you might want to check it on Pitney Bowes to see if it gives you more info than on ebay.

https://tracking.pb.com/

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It doesn't show anything else. Only 'tracking details uploaded' since day one. I've actually been using the pb tracking site almost exclusively for this package.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @geofhoo-0 - that definitely doesn't sound right, it's something that we'd want you to contact CS to review. 

However, I've forwarded your info on to the right team - please keep an eye on your eBay message center for more details. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This has now been resolved. Thanks for your help guys.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply