Forum Posts

Need assistance with fraud

I purchased a Samsung device that ended up being counterfeit. I advised ebay and began the return process. Somehow my return request and subsequent escalation through a cs phone rep that showed up on the resolution centre part of the site were both "...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does eBay update tracking to say package is lost?

An Inceniroar amiibo I purchased was slow in getting to my house. I figured the virus is impacting the delays but eBay issued a refund to me and said the package was lost. Tracking does not indicate so. Should I give it some time or take the word tha...

Resolved! Bidding process

I bid on an item an upped my bis in the last two minutes of the bidding process and I could see on the bidding page the time was passing away and there was no change on new new bids that came up. To my surprise I got an email telling me that I lost m...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

I am a shill bid victim on ebay and get no help

Shill bidding alert! This seller in Jaipur, India has guest accounts bidding for his items, you can see them in their auction listings, just click over to the bids link and you will notice bidders on his listings with feedbacks of 349 etc, Now notice...

AStronomical Shipping increase from China

Hi everyone,As a buyer i have noticed lately that Chinese sellers have really jacked their shipping rates to Canada. Also, this spring i have had a record number of items not show up in the mail or have been cancelled outright by the seller.Here is w...

What Is going on with eBay's GSP????

Hey everyone, I know eBay's GSP woes have been discussed ad nauseam on these boards, however the current situation is becoming more and more ridiculous by the day. I have eight packages coming from the USA via the GSP, with the latest being ordered o...

Buyer diden't tell me of fee from DHL

So I ordered an item from the US that cost 150CAD, I am new to Ebay and this is probably my first time ordering from the US from Canada, The seller used DHL and the shipping was 10$ next thing I know I get a email from DHL saying I need to pay 36$CAD...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Contact Seller function not working?

Hi there. Just curious, but is there something wrong with the Contact Seller and Request Total Amount features? I've been trying to get a hold of a seller to get the total amount for an item I'm trying to buy, but I can't seem to get through to the s...

Yet more GSP nonsense: shipping price changes

I swear I'm not going to buy GSP items... but when what I'm looking for is not available in Canada and the only sellers are Americans using GSP... what can one do? I need an older laptop to run older software. So I see a shipping charge, and an impor...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global shipping program is such a joke. (and DHL)

Besides it being a total ripoff but we all know that already. Normally they ship via snail mail from the global shipping center but this time they decided to use DHL for some reason who left the parcel in my apartment lobby. Which of course is gone n...

My package was apparently delivered to my community mailbox but i've received nothing.

I ordered a pair of timberlands off of ebay from a buyer in Georgia, I am in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. I got an email alert from Canada Post on November 6th saying my item had been delivered to my community mailbox but I received nothing in the mailbox o...

How long does ebay put a case on hold? INAD case

I bought 3 watch bands in a size small. Only 1 of them was small, the other 2 are large. So, I filed a "Item not as described" dispute and wanted to return. The seller agreed. However, he refuses to pay for the return shipping. According to the retur...

Resolved! Canada Post delays?

I ordered an item from the U.S. on June 8, 2020. It was shipped the next day, and made it's way through the USPS system to Erlanger, KY, where it sat for almost a week (some of those days fell over a weekend). A shipping label was created for Canada ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are imports from China to Canada delayed?

I have been waiting for many packages from China to arrive but they are all late. I am wondering if anyone knows what is going on. Is it because of the virus? Does anyone know?

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! GSP item damaged in transit: what are my options?

Hello there,I finally received today something shipped May 2nd (Covid-19 delay!). Unfortunately, it was damaged in transit... The main problem is that it's an artwork, so it's not possible to just get another one like that. I already messaged the sel...

• 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay automatic positive feedback for refunds

eBay requested I leave feedback about an item that was refunded that has never shown up. I was prompted that the seller would automatically receive a positive review for issuing me a refund although I'm sure the seller straight up lied about knowing ...

Covid 19 - I'm in Canada, can't get mail from China?

About 3 to 4 weeks ago I ordered for items on Ebay, but shortly after my orders were cancelled.I received a message from the sellers telling me that because of the current covid-19 situation, they cannot or are not allowed to mail to Canada?! Then th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Should I do anything about this or leave it

HI Everyone,I put in a bid for RC ESC and motors, the seller description is 4xTurnigy Plush-32 30AMP Speed Controllers 5.5V/4A SBEC 2S 4S Lipo ESC+ motors!. Condition is Used.plus hobby king D4023-850Brushless motors! Since the seller states that the...

My Item Delivered to Wrong Address

I'm the recipient in this case and my item scans in as delivered on June 16th but I haven't received it. The exact date and time of delivery were entered into the system so it should be recoverable because they will be able to trace it back to the pe...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Bought item arrived 5 months later

I've bought an item from China before COV19 and Igot a refund after I opened a dispute with PayPal (despite the PayPal delay in refund)however That item arrived Five Months later and Iknew I have to do the right thing and Find thatChinese seller and ...

Seller cancelled auction after I won it

Seller cancelled my auction win and filed a non paying bidder dispute because I now refuse to pay for the second auction that he is trying to make me pay $20USD for shipping, when the listing states $7 shipped. It's ridiculous that a seller can cance...

Scammer

Do not buy from this scam account, it looked legit until I see the "feedback" and his messages, he clearly does not speak english.Unfortunately I had already ordered, Which is quite hilarious, typical scammer.I'm charging back right now with Masterca...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! New Nafta

After the new Nafta was ratified by the US ,Mexico and Canada why are we still paying for duties from the US here in Canada?Every item i buy or look at has duty on the Global shipping program.Doesn't seem to matter if it is $17 or $1700 still charges...

Item purchased as a guest does not match seller description - how to contact ebay for refund?

Hi - I purchased an item from ebay (first time) as a guest. When it arrived it did not match the seller's description (missing items). I tried following ebay's guidelines for reporting an issue with the item but when I click on the 'view order detail...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping delays from the U.K to Canada June 2020

With the current global situation I know shipping from certain centers has been delayed (if not downright stopped) I was curious if anyone has purchased anything from the U.K and what their rough delivery time is. I had won an auction on April 20th a...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful