Shipping delays from the U.K to Canada June 2020

With the current global situation I know shipping from certain centers has been delayed (if not downright stopped) I was curious if anyone has purchased anything from the U.K and what their rough delivery time is. I had won an auction on April 20th and was sent via Royal Mail, to Canada,  with tracking+ signature. The tracking # shows the item had left the U.K the 26th of April but no updates since.  Canada Post was of no help as the item has not been scanned on their side of things so its as if the item is stuck in the air somewhere.  I know certain times for claims have been extended but I want to make sure I would not be jumping the gun before filing a claim (since its tracked I am pretty sure the sender can file a claim for lost mail)

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I bought some iron on patches from the UK and was less than pleased when eBay changed the delivery date to August 5th.

However this was an excess of caution, since the patches arrived within a month of purchase and the repaired items have been through the wash successfully since.

with tracking+ signature.

Which service?

Registered Mail, the oldest tracked service, has almost universally become "domestic tracking only" while the newer "barcoded" services* are actually tracked by the overseas postal systems.

*I know Registered mail is also bar-coded.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

An item I bought from the UK was shipped on April 21st, 2020. I got it one month later, May 25.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Royal mail international Tracked, sorry about that.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I have a number of items that are now about 2 weeks overdue. Like you, the tracking only states that it is leaving the UK then nothing. I am sure that we will receive our items, just not sure when. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I have a coffee pot purchased from the UK on May 5. Shipping estimate is May 15-June 9. Has not arrived yet, and the seller did not use any kind of tracked shipping. But, I will wait until after July 1 to start a claim if it hasn’t arrived by then. That I think would be more than a fair amount of time. I know that most postal services are in the dumper now, but I’m not about to miss the claim deadline with ebay either.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Note the last date for delivery on your calendar and if it has not arrived by then, add 30 days and mark that.
On Day 28 after the deadline for delivery, open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If the item arrives after you are refunded, you can return the money using Paypal's Send Money service.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Today, June 5th,  I received three of my items from the UK in the mail. These were purchased on the following dates: April 28, May 4 & May 13. Have patience, things will arrive.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I purchased a DVD from the UK. It was sent out April 27th and it is now two weeks past estimated date.

The seller graciously gave me a refund.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

EBay is tetchy about members'  email addresses, but note the seller's PP email/ID now, so that you can return the refund when the DVD arrives.

We have to be kind these days.

Also strict but fair.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

EBay is tetchy about members'  email addresses, but note the seller's PP email/ID now, so that you can return the refund when the DVD arrives.

We have to be kind these days.

Also strict but fair.

Yup. It's my intention. On one hand I have to protect my interests and consider the package lost (to time, space, distro warehouse black hole or just plain ol' mail theft) but on the other hand know we're all in the same boat. If or when that package shows up, the seller gets their money.

I hope everyone else is practicing the same.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I had a package from UK posted with tracking on April 15.

Two weeks later it was still in UK and tracking indicated sent

out of the country on April 30.  I received the package on

May 29.  There was no update from Royal Mail tracking as there usually

is when the package arrives in Canada.  Very slow.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

My china coffee pot arrived safe and sound today from the UK seller, and only three days later than last date. Reading some of the other messages, I feel I was very lucky!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I have been pretty fortunate over the years and have had only two items that never arrived. One of which I was and still am suspicious of. After many emails and no answers I finally requested a refund. The item was never shipped. The other was partially my fault as I chose the cheaper / non-tracked shipping. I accepted the loss, however the seller refunded me and I made another purchase from them with no further issue.

AS for tracking from the UK, I use this site: http://parcelsapp.com/en/shops/ebay

Look on the right side of the page and click on highlighted Canada Post to see it on their tracking page. I say that, but find both useless  right now as the tracking / arrival  dates are all over the map right now.

My packages are slowly getting here. A few weeks to a month after the expected date.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

The other was partially my fault as I chose the cheaper / non-tracked shipping. I accepted the loss, however the seller refunded me and I made another purchase from them with no further issue.

Good that he did but really not a choice for him.

The seller did what he would be required to do if you had opened an Item Not Received dispute.

If he offers untracked - but cheap- shipping he is assuming the risk of a possibly unwarranted INR claim. He has no defense for that, because both eBay and Paypal require proof of delivery, not of shipping. Sensible sellers then cover themselves against loss on this with Cookie Jar (self) Insurance.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Yes, that was possible, however I would not have put in an INR claim as I have dealt with this seller many times and find him very trustworthy. I never purchase anything on ebay where I could not bear the cost of a loss.
Message 16 of 16
latest reply