My Item Delivered to Wrong Address

I'm the recipient in this case and my item scans in as delivered on June 16th but I haven't received it.

The exact date and time of delivery were entered into the system so it should be recoverable because they will be able to trace it back to the person who left it at the wrong address.

Has anyone ever had this happen and if so how was it resolved?

I've created a ticket but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have just gotten through a similar problem with Canada Post.

The package was on tracking as having been delivered.  I checked

my community box for three days in a row and no package.  I started

a ticket with CP.  I was able to speak to a real person at the sorting depot

here in Victoria and was told that the only thing they could do is to ask the

driver to try and locate the package (good luck with that)  Nothing happened !

A week later the package showed up in my mailbox.  I was surprised as I thought

it was gone and delivered to the wrong address.  This tells me that the driver had not

even delivered it period but indicated it as delivered.  Nothing surprises me with

Canada Post.  Anyways, your package could very well turn up.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@15westcoast 

In your case it could have ended up in someone else's mailbox almost anywhere. Same number...Different street. They realized it wasn't for them and put it back in the mail system for re-delivery. I've gotten items in my community mail box in error. If it was close by I just walked it over. (Pre Covid-19). If it wasn't close I just marked wrong address and re-posted.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

In the past month or so I have received packages left at my front door. I live in a townhouse complex and I got packages with my unit number but with the wrong address of the townhouse complex farther on the block.

I just walk the packages over after five pm and place on the front doorstep and ring the doorbell while standing back 2-3 meters for them to answer the door. I explain what happened and leave.

I do this the same day but I can see someone forgetting for a few days and the scan showing delivered but to a wrong address. A buyer would see delivered and wonder where the package is.

Never had parcel wrong delivery issues before but now twice in a month. Just an indication of how busy things are today.

These were Canada Post deliveries.

PS I had FedEx try to give me my neighbour’s package also in the past month. I was in my garage with the door open when they pulled up. The neighbours door is at same ground level as my garage but to the right and my house door is to the left. So a delivery person made a mistake associating my garage as being with the neighbour’s house door.

PSS I just remembered the neighbour across the lane having a package delivered by UPS and the delivery person dropping the package and ringing the doorbell. I was just going by the door and opened up to see the package with the neighbour’s unit number and call back the delivery person who brought it to the correct house.

LOL. Four times in the past couple of months. All scanned delivered probably but to the wrong house.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You always have to hope that if the package is delivered to the wrong address that

the person living there will be honest and return the package to the post office.  If they

do not and open the package and keep the item, then you are truly out of luck.  I have had 

quite a few issues with Canada Post and mostly due to sloppy work from their drivers who

deliver the packages.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

People asking if there neighbors have received their package is a daily occurrence on our neighborhood facebook group.  You might consider giving that a shot. The neighbors often end up delivering more packages than the local Amazon contractor.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

My street address is 2 (street name) unit 2. Everybody delivers  the "wrong" stuff to us. In the past month we have had 2 stacks of patio bricks, a 500 pound bag of topsoil,  groceries, amazon deliveries, and mail misdirected to our place. I have told the condo board that if it's food and paid for I'm going to eat it. We also had a health care worker attempt to barge in to help one of us get into bed- I'm old and decrepit but not that decrepit. 

It's not just Canada Post. There are a lot of delivery people that have trouble with addresses.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It's not just Canada Post.

I got a bicycle carefully left in my backyard, inside the latched gate and well out of sight of the street some years ago.

Right number, wrong street.

The actual address was one block north and two blocks west.

I delivered it, of course, and the university student who was planning to use it as transportation to school was grateful.

That one was UPS.

It took actual work to get it that wrong.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

My street number is 255........

My mail is frequently delivered to 225, this has been going on for 50+ years.

Amazon puts packages for 253 in my mailbox.

Bell thinks I live at 225 even though I've corrected their info multiple times.

Every once in a while I get mail for 255 but for the next street over (which interestingly does not have a 255).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply