Item delivered but not to me!

Howdy,

I purchased a used iPhone on eBay, from a Canadian seller. It was shipped Canada Post Expedited Parcel with signature required.

I checked the tracking number and it says: delivered today at 11:30 AM but it is impossible since I was at the office in a corporate meeting at that time. Signature attached to proof of delivery is not mine, and signatory name is not mine neither.

I double checked my address in Paypal and it's good. I asked the neighbours and they got nothing neither.

What should I do?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @service-des-courses - really glad to hear that CP came through after the seller got them involved!

Enjoy the iPhone, and hopefully the elevated blood pressure from the entire experience returns to normal soon. 😉

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @service-des-courses - sorry to hear that you haven't received your iPhone yet! 

The first thing to do in situations like this is to contact the seller involved. They'll be able to provide any additional information regarding the carriers used, as well as be the party to open or call in an investigation with them (if relevant). 

If the seller isn't able to address the situation fully, you have 30 days from the date of the delivery scan to open a request with us. Typically we use tracking to validate these types of requests, but depending on specific circumstances we may have other options for you. 

I hope this gives you some first steps, please keep us posted!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you tyler@ebay 

Seller seems to be willing to help and apparently he opened a claim with Canada Post.

I am wandering what are my chances to get my money back from eBay if the seller says he is not responsible.

Tracking number says delivered. But I have nothing in hand. Signature is NOT mine. Signatory name is NOT mine (just three initals that do not match my name).

What do you think? Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It is my understanding that the Signature does not need to be the addressee but only a willing adult.

Was it delivered to the correct address?

If so, who at that address might the (undoubtedly scrawled) signature be?

Have you asked you housemates?

If it was delivered to a business, who was on reception?

Your parcel is probably carefully stowed where it cannot possibly get lost.

In addition, have you gone in person to the Postal Outlet/Post Office that usually serves your address and asked at the counter? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Quick update in case this happens to somebody else: I finally got the package!

I noticed the CP van in front of my place so I went out to talk to the postie. He was all sorry, he had my package, and he apologized that yesterday he delivered it to the same number but a different street.

Thing is, the seller immediately contacted CP after I raised the issue and the postie's supervisor contacted him first thing this morning to follow-up. That's when they discovered that the package was delivered to another address, thanks to the GPS record. I did not know but when you sign for a package the GPS location is recorded in the handheld device.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Was it delivered to a business or a residential address? 

It's hard to understand why someone would sign for a package if no one by that name is at that house.

A business, more likely. Employees come and go.  One of the better reasons not to use a business address for personal deliveries.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi @service-des-courses - really glad to hear that CP came through after the seller got them involved!

Enjoy the iPhone, and hopefully the elevated blood pressure from the entire experience returns to normal soon. 😉

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It was delivered to a business along with 20 other packages, so the postman told me. So they signed for everything at once.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply