Item not marked as shipped and delivery "Varies for items shipped from an international location "

Hello,

I bought an item on November 22nd 2017. Listing said item would be shipped within 24-48 hours. I noticed that item had not gotten updated to "shipped" status after 48 hours. 

Another thing to mention about this listing is that it has no estimated delivery date. The shipping time says "Varies for items shipped from an international location"

So because this item wasn't updating to "shipped" status I messaged the seller after waiting 4 days. 

The seller got back to me saying item has shipped and should arrive before January 4th 2018. This is fine and reassuring but now I have an item I bought which isn't marked as shipped or has no estimated delivery date.

The listing said item is covered by ebay money back guarantee which is great.

So my question is what if item never comes or is not satisfactory, will I be able to file a claim after the 38 days ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item not marked as shipped and delivery "Varies for items shipped from an international location "

Hello femmefan1946,

The way the seller responded it seems as the item has already shipped but the shipping icon isn\t ticked (which i'm not 100% comfortable with, when I buy stuff I like the ebay notifications to be ticked in accordance to the sellers actions)

What I did do out of curiosity was click on "item not received" to see what it says. Item not received says if item hasn't arrived by December 22, 2017 I can then contact seller or ask ebay to step in. I think this has answered my questions, if item isn't here by December 22nd i'll start the item not received process.  

Thanks for your help femmefan1946

Cliff

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Until it is marked Shipped, eBay can't give you an estimated delivery window of about a week. (EG January 1 to January 7)

And then when that last date passes you have 30 days to open a Dispute.

But your seller did not mark the item shipped.

Not necessarily a problem.

This means that you could today open an Item Not Received Dispute.

We sellers are supposed to ship within the time we put on our listings. Did the seller have such as shipping period?

Even so, you are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection.

This gives you 180 days from your Payment to open an INR dispute.

Again, you could open that dispute today, although PP would give the seller a few days to supply a tracking number.

Basically if the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded by either eBay or PP.

And if you backed your PP account with a credit card, you have a third level of protection.

That seller is pretty sloppy if after a question from a nervous customer he STILL has not marked your item shipped. Put the arrival date on your calendar and if it hasn't arrived by then, come back and we can walk you through the Dispute process.

Don't accept an offer of a Replacement.

Don't close a Dispute until you have your item or your refund.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello femmefan1946,

The way the seller responded it seems as the item has already shipped but the shipping icon isn\t ticked (which i'm not 100% comfortable with, when I buy stuff I like the ebay notifications to be ticked in accordance to the sellers actions)

What I did do out of curiosity was click on "item not received" to see what it says. Item not received says if item hasn't arrived by December 22, 2017 I can then contact seller or ask ebay to step in. I think this has answered my questions, if item isn't here by December 22nd i'll start the item not received process.  

Thanks for your help femmefan1946

Cliff

Message 3 of 3
latest reply