Item not recieved, refund issued to paypal. Never recieved. Cannot contact.

Ordered a few items and I did not get them, ebay issued me a refund which was supposed to go to my paypal within 48 hours. It has not. I've been trying to contact ebay about the issue but the only way to do so is to call. I'm not able to call because of a disability.

Not sure what to do. I used to be able to contact by email. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you back your PP account with a credit card?

Did you look on your cc invoice?

If you pay with a bank balance (slow) or a PP balance, there is real* money involved and the money is returned to your PP account.

If you pay with a credit card, you pay with a promise and that promise of payment (your available credit) goes back to the card.

* Oh let's not get into a discussion of fiat currency. And you do so have to pay taxes on barter.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

marnotom!
Community Member

How long has it been?  Was there a weekend involved?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I got the email saying refund was issued  on Fri 03-10, 2:25 AM

and would be in my account within 48 hours

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you pay with a bank balance (slow) or a PP balance, there is real* money involved and the money is returned to your PP account.

If you pay with a credit card, you pay with a promise and that promise of payment (your available credit) goes back to the card.

* Oh let's not get into a discussion of fiat currency. And you do so have to pay taxes on barter.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

. . . aaaand there's a weekend involved here, too, which the PayPal form-letter-email doesn't take into consideration.  I've never known an electronic payment to be processed and credited over the course of a weekend.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply