Item stuck at eBay hub!

p9kmy_0
Community Member
Hey guys, I got my sister a birthday present on eBay which is a Apple watch, I have shopped using the international shipping program before and it always came on time, my sisters birthday is on may 6th and the estimated delivery day is by the 1st, the last update I was given was
Arrived at hub on Friday the 19th
It was delivered to the hub on the 16th
I know it’s only been 4 days but it never stayed longer then 6 hours before and this is getting concerning, I know there’s a lot of posts about this and I just wanted to know what’s happening at the hub? Maybe a eBay employee can tell us, I know I shouldn’t order items needed by a certain date internationally but this hasn’t ever happened to me. For any of you guys who were stuck on the same update how long did it take to eventually move?
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Item stuck at eBay hub!

p9kmy_0
Community Member

devon@ebay any idea on what’s happening and how long this delay may take?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@p9kmy_0 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Could you look at the tracking again?
Because apparently the watch arrived at the hub on both the 16th and the 19th.

One of the things that happens at the hub is customs clearance.

Has that been noted yet?

There are seven more days before estimated delivery.
Is the estimated LAST day for delivery May First?

Watching tracking will not speed up delivery.

You have two possible actions.

• Stop watching tracking and trust the system.
  • Assume the watch will be late and buy locally.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hello thank you for your reply,
The item was delivered to the hub on the 16th which says delivered on usps
but got the update “arrived at hub” on the 19th.
The last day of the estimate is May 1st

I know I shouldn’t be checking it so much but I’m scared that I won’t be able to get it in time which was the point of this package
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

Compliments of Business Wire: Why buyers are sooo concerned with tracking.

Verte Research Reveals Consumers Are Obsessed With Order Tracking, Visibility

Consumers rate shipment-to-delivery package tracking as the most important online ordering feature

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1713992672874.png

“Customers are obsessed with tracking their packages, so real-time visibility into retailer supply chains is more important than ever,” said Yifat Baror, chief growth officer at Verte. “Our research reveals that a whopping 91% of consumers actively track their packages, 39% track them once a day, and 19% of Americans track their packages multiple times each day.”

The research also highlights a significant consumer preference for checking tracking information themselves as opposed to reaching out to customer service or a shipping company for assistance on the status of their orders and deliveries. According to the survey, 70% of American consumers would rather continue to check tracking information than connect with customer service or the shipping company if their product shipment is delayed.

But consumers clearly don’t like to wait, and most give retailers a short window of grace when it comes to delayed packages. More than 58% said that they believe two to six days past the expected delivery date is too long. More than a fifth (21%) are even harsher, saying that one day past the expected delivery is too much of a delay when waiting for a package. Only 6% of consumers said that they will tolerate situations in which a package is more than a week late.

Link to the full read:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220420005141/en/Verte-Research-Reveals-Consumers-Are-Obsess...

For eBay buyers it's really all they have to go on. 

-Lotz

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thanks I guess? I’m just worried that people are waiting multiple weeks at that hub, I want to make sure the gift is on time that’s all but thanks I guess
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I agree that is what consumers want.

But you know what the song says.

So all we can do as sellers is encourage the buyer to mark that Last Day on their calendars.

Rather than getting ulcers because something due on the first of the month has not been delivered by the 24th of the previous month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef9QnZVpVd8

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Order the watch from Apple Canada.  Fast delivery - guarantee - warranty - help line -etc.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@p9kmy_0 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Thanks for tagging me on this @lotzofuniquegoodies@p9kmy_0 Do you mind sharing the order number with me so that way I can look into this in more detail?  

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

devon@ebay devon@ebay

I know this is someone else’s thread, but I’m having the same issue, and I was wondering if you might be willing to look into my item’s progress. My order number is 09-11458-37515. While I know the shipping estimate shows being delivered as late as May 13, I am hoping it arrives by May 8. If you are able to look into this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@dustin.styner 

Today is April 26.

The last estimated delivery date is May 13.

At the moment the seller, eBay and eIS are doing exactly the job they contracted to do and which you paid for.

Delivery will be sometime in the next  17 days.

If you want something delivered earlier, you should get in touch with the seller BEFORE buying and ask if you can PAY for the seller to use a faster shipping service like Global Express International with a guaranteed 1-3 days delivery.

https://www.usps.com/international/gxg.htm

Prices start at $75 USD, because time is money and money buys time.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@reallynicestamps

Yes, you are right. I bought and paid for the item assuming there was no way the shipping would actually take that long. It was afterwards that I did some reading and realized that eIS is truly as horrible as it is. I really wouldn’t expect an item to just sit there for four days without even being processed.

Oh well, lesson learned.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I've been selling by mail order since the 1980s.

It's been my experience in all that time that it takes upwards of 21 days for shipments to arrive from the USA in Canada, and vice versa.

Doesn't seem to matter what carrier is used.

The only thing that has speeded up shipping in all that time -over 40 years- is the newer more expensive tracked services like Priority Post and the abovementioned Global Express International.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply