Losing money

This is the second time i purchased and paid on ebay. And never recieved my products or got my money back.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Losing money

Not much info for anyone to offer advice.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Losing money

So agree. No advice etc... I ordered 2 jackets a year ago. Nothing. Ordered a pet bed. Ebay cancelled the order cause it was compromised. Someone sold it on someones behalf. It was cancelled. But, i paid. Ebay okayed the refund. Still nothing to my paypal account. Be careful. There are theives on ebay.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Losing money

mcrlmn
Community Member

The first instance should've been rectified by opening an item not received case.

About the 2nd issue you had:

Did you phone eBay customer service or PayPal?

Was your PayPal account linked to a charge card?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Losing money

If your PayPal is linked to a credit card. The refund goes directly to the card by passing PP There’s no note on your PP account this has happened which is confusing.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Losing money

For your first order, it is unfortunately too late to do anything.

However, your second order, if it was paid less than 180 days ago, go to PayPal and open an Item Not Received case.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Losing money

I still did"nt get my jackets from ladt year. Or my money back. I did get my refund from the last seller. I guess it's a hit and miss.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Losing money

Wrong forum. This should be posted in "Buyer Central".

Please familiarize yourself with the policies with eBay's Money Back Guarantee so that you can better protect yourself with future purchase. You've waited too long (one year) for anything that can be done to rectify the situation now. eBay can only offer buyer protection if the buyers themselves follow the correct protocol. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

By the way, I bought over 100 times on eBay and I have only had one item not arrive, so I filed an Item Not Received case at day 60 and received full refund. No loss on my end other than wasted time.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Losing money

Buyers have three levels of Buyer Protection against Item Not Received, and Item Not As Described.

EBay allows 30 days from Delivery or last estimated date for delivery to open a Dispute.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Paypal allows 180 days from Payment to open a Dispute.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

In addition, if you back your PP account with a credit card (NOT a debit card or a gift card) you can phone the 1-800 number on the card and start a chargeback. Policies differ from card to card, but most allow six months for this.

This is the safest method of paying online.

As mentioned above, refunds from payments made from a credit card are sent to the card, not your PP account. 

If you did not open an INR last year when your coat was not received you cannot blame eBay for not knowing about the problem.

I'm glad that we were able to help you find your refund for the second case, where eBay protected you from a scammer.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply