Multiple paid orders being cancelled including one that's supposedly shipped

I've had 2, I'm willing to bet soon 3 winning bids that have been cancelled in 1 month.
Only 1 of those orders were given a reason, supposedly damaged, but the last I just got an email about a refund. This same package was supposedly shipped per tracking number and USPS alerts yesterday btw. The one I'm suspecting will be cancelled was paid for 5 days ago but nothing.
All 3 were won with around $1 bid, the lowest and only bid. I instantly pay for auctions I win and orders and do not have a PO box. I've also had zero issues getting orders to my single family home in the past.
Is there any tips to avoid this as I'm on about a 50/50 of receiving orders paid for and them getting cancelled.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately you seems to bid on dishonest sellers items. Seems obvious to me since you say it's $1.00 wins that they cancel orders because they do not reach the amount they expected. Never hapened to me but it's not uncommon. Those sellers should be punished for it but eBay does nothing. I think you can leave a negative feedback for it. Also you could contact eBay if they select 'buyer asked to cancel' or 'problem with adress' if this is false statements. There's a chance eBay manually gives the sellers a defect, hurting their ratings. When they select 'damaged' they gives themself a selling defect. It's the only consequences. Nothing else you can do, no one can force them to ship. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Those Defects for Out of Stock (damaged for instance) are not consequence free.

Defects can lead to higher fees, restrictions to the number and value of listings, or even a closed selling account

Do follow up on any wrong reason, like "buyer request" or "problem with address".

Those may or may not lead to Defects, but will with luck put the seller on the radar.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I remember this happening to me a few times when I joined as a collector and was drawn to low price items (thinking what a deal!). The first time was very disappointing, I was mad at myself that I had not checked their feedback because sure enough there were comments like "Seller cancelled my transaction", "Seller never sent my item", "Don't trust this seller", they were all there but I was new and didn't think to look. A short time after there was the "No longer a registered user" so they did get kicked off. Saw that more than once.

May new sellers make the mistake of thinking they start the bidding low to attract people, but sometimes no one takes the bait but one low bid (like happened to you) and they think they can just cancel. If they have enough defects against them they can get kicked off but sometimes they are newbies testing the waters.

If something seems too good (or too cheap) to be true it probably is.

I remember years back buying something from China that was so low priced with free shipping and I wondered how they could ever afford to do that (they couldn't). They claimed it was shipped but I never got it , I had to wait the time to request refund which is a pain but at least we get refunded.

When I see a very low starting bid, unless it's a reputable seller with lots of feedback I ignore it. And of course there is also Buy it Now items that are already priced at an amount the seller deemed fair.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply