My eBay displays wrong shipping info

xen999
Community Member

This is something Ive notice happening a lot in the last few months. Whenever I go in 'My eBay' to check on items I'm watching, it more often than not displays shipping charges TO THE USA and not Canada as it should. And before you ask, yes I'm logged in eBay.ca. I often need to refresh the page a dozen of times before it finally switches to the correct information. This really is an annoyance that could lead to making improper calculations or comparisons. Anyone else, getting this?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Go to a listing.

Click on the Shipping and Payments Tab.

Change the country to Canada,  and it will show shipping to Canada, based on the postal code that is entered.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

xen999
Community Member

No see, all the listings show the correct information when I click them. It's only my Watch list that shows the improper info, and checking each and everyone of the items individually everytime is becoming tedious pretty fast.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Try what cumos suggested with one of the listings in your watch list. Click on the shipping tab, change location to Canada. You then have to go back to your watch list and refresh the page. Once you refresh all of the items in the list should show Canadian shipping.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

xen999
Community Member

OK so I've been fiddling with this a bit and I've discovered something. If I go to my Watch list (or even just Summary) using the left or top border menu, the shipping info is displaying correctly. However if I just click 'My eBay' directly and nothing else (which is what I normally do 99% of the time), the info is wrong. And doing what was previously suggested does NOT fixes that page specifically. Looking at the links for 'My eBay' and Summary (which should be the same page really) they have different URLs.

My eBay: http://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1

Summary: http://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1&CurrentPage=MyeBaySummary&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESUMX

I'm gonna take a guess and say the former isn't given the cookie needed to identify me as being Canadian.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

superbbaby
Community Member

I can replicate the exact same problem.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I have the same problem. Thanks for posting your discovery. Is there a way to submit this bug to eBay?
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Wednesday noon hour there is a conversation with the eBay staff.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Was this problem ever sorted out? I'm having a similar issue in which some items show as "Free Shipping" or a lower price in My Ebay than in the listing.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

If you offer Free Shipping domestically, your item will still show the Free Shipping icon to customers in other countries. But the actual shipping price to other countries will show up when the Shipping Tab is accessed or when the customer reviews the purchase before paying.

We see this fairly often when US sellers use Free Shipping domestically: Canadian buyers get in a tizzy.

Another example of BDNR. (Buyers Do Not Read).

Or you may be looking at your listing on dotCOM instead of dotCA.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Check to see if the items that are showing a different shipping price in your 'my ebay' are items that are going to be shipped through the global shipping program.For some reason those do tend to show a different price in the watch list as well as in the search page. Ebay is aware of that but haven't fixed it yet. As far as an item showing free shipping...I don't know why that would be happening.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

If you offer Free Shipping domestically, your item will still show the Free Shipping icon to customers in other countries.

If that does happen, it is very rare. The way it usually works is that you will see the free shipping icon only if your shipping location is set to the country that receives free shipping.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

This problem still persists as of today. Is this ever going to be fixed?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

It seems to have gotten worse as the suggested fix of going through the watch list rather than "my ebay" doesn't work either.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

This is still a thing 😞 Shows international rates shipping from Canada to Canada and domestic when selecting USA...all info and registrations is in Canada, what gives?

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

@lumera_productions 

It is usually best to start your own thread rather than add on to one from 9 years ago as things here change and the mods will probably close this thread since it is still old. 

If you are referring to how your $400 Switcher listing looks, it shows the US as domestic shipping because the listing was done on .com rather than on .ca.  On .com, domestic shipping is always to the US.  If you want the listing on .ca like your other listings, you will have to end it and do it again on .ca.

Or, you can change the shipping and have a flat rate for all of the US under 'domestic' shipping and another flat rate for Canada under international shipping.

If the mods close the thread and you have more questions or if I misunderstood what you are commenting on, please start a new thread.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply