Need some advice

I know this is a sellers platform but also know many of you buy on eBay as well. Need some advice on what to do about an item that has not shown up. I purchased an item on Dec 3rd. It was shipped with tracking. Tracking shows mailed from Rosewood,CA Dec 3rd, shows Dec 19 processed thru regional facility San Francisco, then on Dec 19th shows attempted delivery( not sure where they are attempting delivery as it could not have gotten to Canada in that time frame & I live in a rural area so PO does not deliver)& will attempt delivery next working day, Dec 22 says arrived facility, Dec 23 says departed facility, then same thing on 24th then nothing since. They also do not say what facility. I have contacted seller but of course he can't do anything. As it was shipped tracked he would have seller's protection would he not? I think opening a case may be the only way for me to get my $ back. It has been 2 weeks since the last notation & appears to me it is lost in la la land. I had thought it was GSP & maybe they had readdressed it incorrectly but no it was shipped by the seller. I realize it is not his fault but on the other hand I should not be out my $ & the item. Any suggestions how this could/should be handled?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Need some advice

What was the estimated delivery date?

You want to open a "request" no more than 30 days from that date.

You don't have to escalate if the seller is playing nice and you are willing to wait a bit longer but you don't want to miss the deadline.

Where have you been checking the tracking? You should look at both Canada Post and USPS as they may not be in sync.

Two weeks without any scan is not a good sign, based on the tracking as you presented it seems the original diversion was corrected but if you don't see at least 1 scan at an ISC (International Service Center) it probably means it has never left the USA and in that case probably will never show up.

As it was shipped tracked he would have seller's protection would he not?

You are the one with the protection, the only thing the seller is protected from is a fraudulent claim of INR, that is obviously not the situation. Depending on the service used the seller may have insurance against loss but that is irrelevant to you.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Need some advice

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm thinking this item may have been shipped through a mail consolidation service, possibly eBay International Standard Delivery.  How was the mailing/shipping method described in the listing?  Does the tracking number work on the USPS and Canada Post's websites?

Aside from that, I second @recped's suggestion that you keep an eye on the last estimated delivery date and the time you have to file a claim of non-delivery.  If the item is tracked, it's pretty likely that it's going to have some insurance on it, and that's the seller's "protection" in the event of a legitimate claim of non-delivery.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Need some advice

Never watch tracking.

It is a Seller Protection against false claims of non-delivery.

It does not speed up transit. It does not protect against damage.

What is the last estimated date for delivery?

If it is still in the future, mark that date on your calendar. It is on its way.

If that has passed, open the Not Received dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, she shipped just fine, Delivery) you will be refunded.

The purchase is on its way.

Once you have your refund, Message the seller  and assure her than when the delayed package arrives, you will be returning the refund. Ask for her Paypal address. Because you have been in a transaction, you are allowed to exchange that information.

The delay is not the seller's fault, but it is her responsibility.

There have been very happy posts on the dotCOM Seller's Board about how well USPS has been working this year, compared to last year's fiasco. But they are still heavily overworked and understaffed during the holiday period.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Need some advice

I was also wondering if it was shipped with ebay international standard.  That would explain why it was delivered (to the DHL depot) and then left again.  If that was the case, you should be able to see more detail at the following link.   https://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/easyship

Even if you can see where it was last, that might not help your situation but it doesn't hurt to look. Other than that, all I can suggest is opening an inr so that you get your money back.  If the seller did send it ebay international standard let them know that there is insurance of up to $100 on that service.  The following page will give them a link to put in a claim.  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Need some advice

Is that the same as global shipping or something different? It was not shipped through GSP, he did mail it directly himself. It is showing movement again as if Jan 9th showing arrived & departed facility but not showing where the facility is. EBay's estimated arrival date was Dec 27th. I have asked the seller to see if he can track it on the USPS website as when I tried it said # not valid or status unavailable. I think if nothing showing in the next couple of days I will open a case or I am going to be out my $ (about $45USD).

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Need some advice

eBay international standard is different than the gsp.  What are the first few digits of the tracking number?  Did you check tracking on the first site that I mentioned?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply