Negative experience with Seller

aavf8664
Community Member

I am having a negative experience with a seller.
I purchased 2 items
I did not receive these items so I contacted this seller to explain the circumstances that they were not delivered and get a replacement/refund. This seller has been dodging messages through the eBay message system, not responding. I notified Ebay customer service of this situation and was told that this purchase was supposed to be covered by eBay’s money back guarantee policy. Unfortunately I am still fighting to get a replacement/refund. The seller still does not respond.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I guess you have not actually filed an Item Not Received (INR) Dispute and that is why you are having problems.

Go to -> My eBay-> Purchase History-> Orders.

There is a dropdown menu.

Choose->  I have not received my order. (I think. I don't buy much and all of my orders are fully completed)

This should open a Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) to eBay, you will be refunded.

But.

You only have 30 days from delivery for this.

If the scammer seller has schmoozed you past that deadline you are still covered.

Go to your Paypal account page and file an INR there. Their Resolution Centre is under Activities  at the top of the page. You have 180 days from payment for this.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) to PP, you will be refunded.

If you did not use PP as a payment processor, you can phone the 1-800 number on your credit card  and ask about a chargeback.

Informing the seller of the problem is a first move and a courteous one, but it is not part of the resolution process.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You do not need to contact the seller (though it is the right thing to do to at least try to contact them first, which you did). You can open an Item Not Received case here from the site and eBay will take care of the rest. If you go to your purchase history you should have an option "I have not received my item yet" and go from there. Note that you have to make sure it is past the estimated delivery date though, the estimated delivery date should also show when you go to your purchases. If that date hasn't passed yet you have to wait.

If so, once you open a case the buyer has four days to respond and must prove it was delivered, otherwise you will be refunded with this guarantee. You do not need to actually communicate with the buyer personally if he/she is ignoring you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I almost always say to the seller "Hey, I haven't received such and such item. I'm giving it until such and such date and then I'm filing for a refund".

And on that date I'll hit the Item Not Received.

Let eBay do what they're paid to do.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply