Never recieved 2 items... same buyer...

drtrembl
Community Member

Hi,

I bought two items from this person:  and never received them. I sent them a complaint and tried to remedy a solution as ebay recommends so they tell me they will send another one... fine. So I wait .. and wait ... and wait.. Nothing. So I try to go to ebay, they won't do anything, it's been too long, even though they can see that I have been tracking this person down for MONTHS now after taking THEIR advice. My bank won't do anything, paypal won't do anything so now I'm screwed, I spent all this money, got NOTHING for it and somehow this is all okay.. I guess this is what I get for following your logic and trying to be reasonable.... Thanks a lot..

Oh and to all buyers out there do NOT buy from you will NEVER get it and they just ignore you once you cannot get your money back or write a bad review on them, it's real classy!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

you only have 45 days to file a claim .thats the rules.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The advice to contact the seller is basically to give good sellers a chance to correct the problem. There is no point in keeping after the seller. One contact should either correct the problem - within 48 hours- or you should move on to Step Two.

File an Item Not Received dispute.

Do NOT accept the offer of a replacement, particularly from overseas. This has recently become a very common scam, especially on low-cost items.

There is good reason to believe that the listings of these sellers are completely bogus. You want a refund and nothing else.

If the seller does not refund within 48 hours escalate the dispute.

(Some will ask for a few more days for delivery*. This should be acceptable for North American and Western European sellers.)

Paypal will refund you and go after the seller for the money.

*Delivery takes about 20 days within North America, about 7-15 days from Western Europe, and about 30 days from Asia. Don't get antsy until that much time has passed. Most sellers cannot afford the cost of teleportation.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

drtrembl
Community Member
Thank you for that but it's too late. I thought tht them sending another item was legit and so I fell victum to the scam and now its too late to file any claims and they have all been closed. I am currently reporting them as a scam but i doubt it will do any good
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

drtrembl
Community Member
By the way this has been going on since May that ive been trying to solve it
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

EBay and Paypal limit their Buyer Protection policy to 45 days.

However, your credit card probably has a longer deadline.

Call the 1-800 number on the back of the credit card you actually paid with (PP is just the mediator) and ask about a chargeback.

Do this as soon as possible, because cards do have deadlines although they are longer than PP's and you are apparently four months past the purchase date.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply