No feedbacks from sellers

I always leave positive feedback to sellers I bought from, but must say that some sellers  neglect to post feedbacks to buyers. It is very unpolite.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member
When sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers and their dealings with them are usually limited to receiving a payment and packaging and shipping, I can’t say I really blame some sellers for skimping in feedback. What would you like them to say about you?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The "Feedback" model is so last century & is actually on the way out...

...for Sellers, it has become a "Mute" dated tool in regards to "Rating" Buyers as you can say nothing but "nice things", and as for Buyers, many/most do not leave FB anymore anyway. I think less than 30-35% of my shoppers actually leave FB. And, I only leave FB once I know the package has arrived, they are a repeat Buyer or I have received FB from the Buyer to let me know they are happy, otherwise, I do not leave FB.

One thing I always do for new shoppers is to take the time for a quick look at the FB left for others, it really does let you see into the "mindset" of those shoppers, it's either no feedback left never or always feedback left, then you have the "middlings" they are the ones to avoid and usually leave the nastiest FB or are issue shoppers.

Anytime you see many comments like "The Seller worked with me to...", "The issues were sorted..." or many red/grey ones and few green ones left, you understand why you have space for 5000 buyers on that Block Bidder list, it is a godsend.

For example;

I had a "member" offer a lowball price on a single $3.79 bag of buttons (2019), then they insisted I give FREE SHIPPING (I was using Lettermail, so the "shipping" was a single Stamp), I declined the offer and blocked the Buyer after reading the kind of FB left for others, you soon realize what a close call it could have been...

...over one year later (2020) that member contacts me to say they cannot make offers and WHY will I not sell to them, so I look at the member's FB and see all the "issues" they have, and say Ohh Ahhh!!! I think I must have blocked this member in the past. So I reply to the individual and say sorry I am not interested in dealing with them as they previously were not happy when I said there was no such thing as free shipping on the purchase of a single bag of buttons for which they offered $1.25CDN  and expected it delivered to western Canada for FREE. I also mentioned that I again have looked at the general FB left for other members in the last year and that nothing had changed, only complaints and issues, never a nice thing to say in the FB for any of the Sellers (the Shopper is evidently having a hard time getting their dose of Chinese tat as it is the only place they purchase from and as we know everything from China is delayed or not shipping to Canada) ...

I wished them a good day and goodbye, needless to say, I will not print the reply for you all to read, because I simply trashed it at the time.

Feedback can and is used as a weapon by certain members & is, and it should be retired.

Merry Christmas to ALL

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You may not know that FB is not used by eBay to assess member accounts, but some members use it, mostly FB Left for Others, and negs left by buyers, to decide if they want to proceed with the transaction.

You can build it faster by comparing the number of FB left by a seller and the number of FB received.

The FB Left is usually higher, by 50% or more.

If you plan to go into Selling in the future, FB , although it is sooooooo 20th century, does inspire confidence in buyers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

To date, you have left 550 FB's and received 487 for a ratio of 88.5% sellers having left you feedback. All things considered, not that bad a number.  Is it?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You're going to meet all kinds of sellers on here. some take a personal approach to customers while some don't. Not leaving feedback is the least you will worry about. Try dealing with sellers who never respond to any messages you send, even when you're interested in buying.

Feedback still has it's uses.  I read the complaints for sellers instead of praises. It gives me an idea of worst case scenario should I give the seller my business.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply