Opening and closing disputes

bilaliz
Community Member

I bought a $100 item (seller had total 30 reviews but all 100% positive), it was listed in USA but once purchased somehow the location changed to Israel. Once the maximum delivery date passed I opened a dispute, the seller replied with a tracking number that shows that the item is in Montreal.

If I close the dispute and the item arrives (its used) and does not work, what are my options? I am a bit weary of just closing the dispute because of the low number of reviews, changing on the item location and the delivery date passing, at the same time I don't want to be unreasonable and just have the dispute open for no reason. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Do not close the Dispute until the shipment arrives.

You will not be able to reopen it if there is a problem.

You can, should it arrive Not As Described, change the reason for the Dispute.

While you could close the eBay dispute and later open a NAD dispute with Paypal, PP insists that the BUYER pay for return shipping, which is expensive with international tracking.

EBay makes the seller pay return postage if the item is Not As Described.

You can also escalate your eBay Dispute to a Claim if the delivery window closes without delivery. The seller will be forced to refund, no matter what tracking shows.

It's polite to cut a little slack in these days of plague, but the seller was in the wrong to list the wrong location.  This is not allowed, in part because it can slow down delivery, and in part because the buyer may have to pay duty and sales taxes on the imported purchase.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Don't close case until you get your Item.

No one guarantee that you get your Item , even is in Montreal .

Once you have it in your hands, and inspected Item , then you decide Close Case OR not .

If is damaged Item , take pictures and upload on Open Request .

You'll continue working with Seller until you get Full Refund ( for Item not able to use ) OR Return Shipping Label from Seller ( If Seller wants Item back ).

Do not Ship Item back until you get covered Return Shipping .

I had Return last month. The eBay sent me message Seller can't send Return Shipping Label. I did buy it from CP , provided Receipt.

NOT EBay NOT Seller Refund Return Shipping money .

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

When the transaction is complete, whether that is delivery or refund, you can leave appropriate feedback.

I think it is only right to mention the actual location of the product in the FB. Slow delivery Item in Israel not Canada  for example

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I had Return last month. The eBay sent me message Seller can't send Return Shipping Label. I did buy it from CP , provided Receipt.

NOT EBay NOT Seller Refund Return Shipping money .

It can be difficult for a seller to send a Return Shipping Label, although Shippo can sell both USPS shipping labels and Canada Post shipping labels to send to the unhappy buyer.

Other countries? I'm not sure.

However, the seller can send return postage using Paypal's Send Money service.

If the seller will do neither, the buyer should not pay for the label herself, she should escalate the Dispute to a Claim, stating that the seller has not provided any way of returning the item and asking for an immediate refund.

The seller is allowed to have a No Returns policy, but not a No Refunds policy.

I do not know if Shippo will still be supported under Managed Payments.

I do not know if Managed Payments will have a Send Money service that is not part of a transaction.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks everyone, I will keep it open for now, it was supposed to arrive latest by the 8th, now its 13th and it's still not here. wait and see, I'll post an update on how things go.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply