Order details screen - shipping address is for the Glendale Heights hub. Anyone had this?

Have an order that says delivered to the height in Glendale Heights, IL on March 1st. No update since, no new tracking #.

I checked the order details screen again tonight, and the shipping address is eIS C/O My Name, Glendale Heights Hub address in Illinois.

I've never seen this before. All the other items I have purchased that have gone through Glendale Heights, still show my actual address in the order details screen, including some others that I have purchased since this one in question.

Should I be worried that this particular item shows the Glendale Hub address in the Order details screen and not my own?

Will this affect anything if I need Ebay to step in if the item does not arrive?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Order details screen - shipping address is for the Glendale Heights hub. Anyone had this?

marnotom!
Community Member

I suggest you first check the tracking on a site that’s not associated with eBay. I like Parcelsapp because it does a pretty good job of linking the various tracking numbers used with an eIS-forwarded item. Does the information on that site point to new tracking numbers coming up and that the final destination is somewhere in Canada?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your reply!

Checked Parcelsapp, does not point to any new tracking numbers, or anything about a further delivery to Canada. Just says delivered, Left with an individual in Glendale Heights, IL.

Im going to give it the rest of the week for sure. Don't know, just seems strange to me.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Mark the last estimated delivery date for your purchase on your calendar and don't watch tracking.

You can't do anything to speed it up, and it is just stress you don't need.

I had a simple USPS/Canada Post shipment that showed no movement between JamaicaNY on Feb 19 when it was posted and arrival the day I was muttering about it March 6. Nothing to do with eBay, Zuri dot COM who import dresses from Kenya.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@lucyboo2019, while @femmefan1946 are generally of a similar mind when it comes to the uselessness ot tracking to buyers, since your item seems to have a wonky address, I'd suggest using one of the online chat options to contact eBay customer service to get this transaction on its radar in case you do have to file a non-delivery claim after the item's last estimated date for arrival.  Maybe you'll get someone who can explain what might have happened, too.  I'm wondering if your seller forgot to include the eIS reference number on the mailing label or their mailing program expunged it for some reason.

Online chat options would be through Facebook, X/Twitter, or the eBay site itself (make sure you get an "agent" and not a chatbot).

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

How do I find the last estimated delivery date now? It updated to expected delivery March 1st, and then shows as delivered on March 1st to the hub. There is nothing further on the order details screen. All it says is delivered March 1st.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks I will.

I bought 2 items the day after this one, and they just arrived yesterday, both went through the Glendale Hub as well. So makes me even more question what is going on here.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The arrival window remains the same - the one eBay estimated when you paid.

Here are three of the social media addresses:

https://www.facebook.com/ebay— Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

@marnotom!  - How does the chatbot identify itself? I know the reps give their names (Bob, Raj, Manuela) . Does it say "virtual assistant" like some other companies?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply