Order stuck in Glendale Heights, IL - no updates with little time left

Hey,

I live in Toronto and I bought a medal end of January that arrived at the shipping Center in Illinois on Feb 5th. Since then, I have seen no updates whatsoever - the tracking shown is the same one that was used when the item was shipped to the Center. When trying to track it to get any follow ups, it ends on the date that it arrived there. The last estimated day it will arrive is Friday, Feb 23. I’m completely unsure as to what happened to it and whether or not it will arrive on time, if ever.

Am I just needlessly worried? This seems to have been a common issue from what I have read before, but I’m still stressed about it
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no embargo on Russian goods that I know of, and certainly not post WWII Soviet medals.

FWIW tracking shows where the item was last registered, not where it is now.

February 5th is not even two weeks, and you won't be getting any mail tomorrow (Sunday).

Feb 23 is 18 days from Glendale Heights and the eIS plant.

In some 30+ days selling by mail order,  21 days is normal for delivery between anywhere in the USA and Canada.

Just mark the 23rd on your calendar and try to relax.
Have you ever had a Captain Canada? Equal parts Alberta Premium Rye and maple syrup.

If the medal doesn't arrive on time, not only are you covered by the Money Back Guarantee, but if it arrives after refunding, the eIS doesn't want it returned.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member

It's certainly a commonly reported issue on these discussion boards, but we don't know how representative these posts are of Canadians' experiences with eBay International Shipping.  There may be far more eIS-facilitated sales that go off without a hitch but we simply don't know about them.  Also, a lot of people who do post about the tracking dead-ending on their shipment don't post follow-up information that could let us know where the difficulty was (if they found out) or if the item eventually made it to its destination.

I usually don't recommend that people start checking the tracking of their item until just before the estimated delivery window as there's just about nothing they can do with the tracking information anyway except worry or get their blood pressure up.  Since we can't put the toothpaste back in the tube now, I'll ask, how have you been checking the tracking information?  If it's just through your "My eBay," I suggest you try a third-party tracking site (Parcelsapp is a pretty good one) to see if perhaps you're looking at a situation where the tracking events from the carriers after Illinois haven't been getting transmitted properly to eBay.

Having said that, you don't say what kind of medal you purchased, be it an Olympic gold medal or a military medal.  (I'm guessing the latter from your eBay ID.)  There may be something about the nature of your medal that's tripped up eIS's squeamish system and the logistics company responsible for the shipment may not want to touch it with a three metre pole.  The tracking should state if a restriction on the item has dead-ended its transport, but I haven't heard of any examples of that happening with eIS.  (It sometimes did with the old Global Shipping Program.)

Anyway, while you're not exactly needlessly worried, you are a little early to be concerned, that's all.  While I appreciate that getting the item would be the best outcome for you, it does appear that getting a full refund for a non-received item forwarded through eIS is usually pretty straightforward.  Sorry you're going through this.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

For the tracking, I have checked parcelsapp but it also gives the same result. Nothing comes up after it ending up in Illinois. The tracking number is still the USPS one

You’re right in it being a military medal but it’s a Soviet one from 1946. You’re probably right about shippers not wanting to touch it - I’m just surprised they never posted any notice that it would be deadzoned.

Thank you for making this a lot more clear for me. Took a lot of the stress off of it 🙂
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There is no embargo on Russian goods that I know of, and certainly not post WWII Soviet medals.

FWIW tracking shows where the item was last registered, not where it is now.

February 5th is not even two weeks, and you won't be getting any mail tomorrow (Sunday).

Feb 23 is 18 days from Glendale Heights and the eIS plant.

In some 30+ days selling by mail order,  21 days is normal for delivery between anywhere in the USA and Canada.

Just mark the 23rd on your calendar and try to relax.
Have you ever had a Captain Canada? Equal parts Alberta Premium Rye and maple syrup.

If the medal doesn't arrive on time, not only are you covered by the Money Back Guarantee, but if it arrives after refunding, the eIS doesn't want it returned.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ledisme
Community Member
Same thing is happening to me. My item was delivered to the Illinois Depot on Feb 9. No movement in the last 12 days. It just stopped. Ya, it stresses me cause of it being a valuable collectable, but I can't do anything about it, so I just have to wait and see if it arrives. If not I'll get a refund. I've never had it happen where I get a refund and the item shows up down the road... But that would be a bonus. Cheers!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

My item has been stuck at the Illinois depot since April 1st... Did you eventually get your package? If you did, are these delays normal?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply