Package has not arrived after 4 months by Sea Mail from Hong Kong..what can i do?

Hi, i'm having an issue with one of my orders from a Hong Kong Seller. It's sort of complicated but i'll do my best to explain.

So i bought an item from them on May 14 and at the time, i didn't know that airmail was suspended from Hong Kong to Canada. When i placed the order, it was using the delivery time as if it was by air and he sent a message to say i could either get a refund or i could wait..i chose to wait and 2 weeks later, he told me the only way to send it was by sea mail and that it would take 45-90 days so i accepted that and i was sent a tracking number.

I was a bit suspicious because it said the package destination was to the United States but he told me that it would be sent there first before being imported to Canada because he said there was no direct shipping to Canada..although i had ordered another package from Hong Kong by another seller a month later and that came directly to Canada and it arrived in 86 days in early October.

But come September 1 it still hasn't arrived and i sent him a message to ask if he could ask his post office where the package might be because i know that the tracking number doesn't update once it leaves its destination which it did on June 9 so i'm basically hoping by luck it arrives..he messaged me back and said that Hong Kong Post told him the import to Canada is very slow but that it is still coming..so i said fine i'll wait.

I've used different 3rd party package tracking apps to see if it can determine where it is but no luck and all just say it left Hong Kong and it's destination is US. However, i used something called parcelsapp which i found was pretty useful and originally it said this package destination was United States until 2 weeks ago i noticed it now says Canada so i was hopeful that it's finally coming..

Now it's October and i messaged him on the 1st to say it still hasn't arrived and to ask Hong Kong Post again where it is but he hasn't responded back to me since..and i'm worried that this package is lost and now he's ignoring me..

It's Day 126 and i don't believe it should take that long and the only option i have left is Paypal's 180 day money back guarantee to rely on which is expiring in a few weeks to file a refund..is there anything else i can do if this package doesn't come? It was a nearly $200 order and i'm really frustrated by this..

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Package has not arrived after 4 months by Sea Mail from Hong Kong..what can i do?

I would file a Paypal item not received claim now. I don't see any reason to wait longer.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

that's the problem..i can't file a claim anymore because it's way passed 30 days. again, when i bought the time it had an estimated delivery date assuming it was sent by air, that it would have arrived in a shorter amount of time...

but i got a message from him that he couldn't send it by airmail and said it had to be by sea mail so i had to wait longer..i was basically doing this through mail message on trying to resolve this of which i thought i did and now i'm stuck on what to do and i can't file a resolution..is there a way ebay can still step in?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

ebay gives you 30 days, past the last expected delivery date, Paypal gives you 180 days, open an item not received case with paypal right away..

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

thanks. i think i'm gonna do that by the end of this week at least. if i don't receive it by then i'll open a dispute with paypal. with ebay i can't dispute anymore so paypal is the only option...i'm just disappointed that the guy didn't bother to respond me 12 days ago..

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Open it today.

That 180 days isn't six months and some of those months that have passed had 31 days.

If you receive the shipment after you are refunded, you can repay it using Paypal's Send Money service.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

oh ok, you're right. i'll do that right away. thanks for your advice

Message 7 of 7
latest reply