PayPal and eBay Buyer protection is a Joke

Item not received, eBay and PayPal protection it seems like a Joke 

I ordered the item on eBay from China 100 Days ago  and seller never ship the item, eBay won't let me open a dispute with a bunch of Error, so I contacted PayPal and I opened a dispute, unfortunately as of today nothing happen and PayPal keeps postponing the time without making a final decision

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

EBay allows 30 from the last estimated date for delivery to open a dispute.

I assume that deadline had passed when you tried to open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page?

Paypal allows 180 days from Payment.

Their Resolution Centre is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

Did you open a Not Received Dispute, or did you just chat with their call centre, which just wants to get you off the phone.

If you did not formally open a Dispute, do that now.

Then, while the first suggestion is to contact the seller, you can ignore that, ask PP to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

This is all robots, no humans are needed.

Then since the seller has not sent proof of delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Watch out for those deadlines.

If you do not escalate both eBay and PP assume you have come to an agreement with the seller, so stay active.

You ordered from China in mid-February which is during the always chaotic Lunar New Year and at the beginning of the pandemic. Tracked shipping was slowed but not stopped completely.

It is also possible that the item you ordered was never sent because it never existed.  Cheap items with Free Shipping are often vapourware.

You are also covered by the credit card you use to back your Paypal account, but don't try to open a chargeback until PP has turned you down or both the PP and the cc disputes will fail.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Also with PayPal once you open a dispute you have to escalate to PayPal with a certain time period or it closes.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I tried to open a dispute with eBay during the Frame time, but they won't let me with the following Error: Sorry, we're unable to open a case for this issue Unfortunately, we can’t open a case for you because it looks like there’s a payment issue with this order. Please contact PayPal customer support to cancel the payment. If you paid with a credit card, please contact your provider to cancel the payment.

In regards to Escalation I opened the dispute with PayPal on April 02-2020, unfortunately PayPal keeps postponing the Frame time without Making a Final decision
BTW: I ordered the Item on Jan 20-2020

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I did escalate to PayPal with a certain time period, but PayPal is not Making a Final decision and keeps postponing the Frame time

Message 5 of 5
latest reply